- 1 Posts
nexus 5 backlight but no display
yesterday, i droped my nexus 5 and now my screen won't display anything any more. But the backlight works and so does phone (i know the phone still works because my alarms still are going of) What do you (people on the forum) think is wrong with my phone. Do i need a whole new display and touchscreen or is there just a wire that needs to be reconected?
- 05-28-2014, 07:40 AM #2
- 2,991 Posts
Re: nexus 5 backlight but no display
If you enjoy experimenting, you can watch this video to learn how/where the screen is connected to the mainboard, then open up your Nexus 5 and check those connections.
Or, you could just call for a warranty replacement without mentioning the "I dropped my phone part..." and hope for the best.
- 01-10-2015, 11:27 PM #3
- By limespider in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)Replies: 2Last Post: 08-27-2014, 08:48 PM
- By carnut965 in forum Android 4.4 KitKatReplies: 4Last Post: 05-28-2014, 06:33 AM
- By Ry in forum LG G3Replies: 1Last Post: 05-27-2014, 02:01 PM
- By jap54 in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 2Last Post: 05-27-2014, 10:15 AM
- By majdi suliman in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 2Last Post: 05-27-2014, 09:24 AM