Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By B. Diddy
  • 1 Post By crxssi
  • 1 Post By crxssi
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Latest camera update

I just updated the camera to the latest update that brought back the timer, and I can't seem to turn on hdr+. Anyone know how or am I missing something?

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Latest camera update

I see it fine. On the main camera screen, tap the 3 dot menu button, and you should see the HDR+ symbol there, along with the timer, grid, flash, and front/rear facing camera toggle icons. Make sure you're set to the main Camera, and not Lens Blur. It looks like you can't have Timer and HDR+ on at the same time (not sure why).
    crxssi likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I'm on the right setting. I tried resetting my phone but it's not working.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Low View Post
    I'm on the right setting. I tried resetting my phone but it's not working.

Try installing updates and then update again.

Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,729 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    I see it fine. On the main camera screen, tap the 3 dot menu button, and you should see the HDR+ symbol there, along with the timer, grid, flash, and front/rear facing camera toggle icons. Make sure you're set to the main Camera, and not Lens Blur.
    Yep, I just got the update and that is exactly what it looks like on mine too.

It looks like you can't have Timer and HDR+ on at the same time (not sure why).
    Same thing here- good observation. Seems like a stupid limitation.

I am so disappointed that they brought back the 16:9 option but didn't add a 3:2 option The photographic industry standard aspect ratio (uncropped) is 3:2, as defined by 35mm film. It would be a great compromise between 4:3 and 16:9. Oh well.
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5 (T-Mobile), Moto360, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G
    B. Diddy likes this.

Just tried out the new update and HDR+ is still there just a little different. Hit the three dots and it got easy to work out. New symbols for timer but I don't have a use for that. It does seem the focus works better but not sure yet.

Global Posts
    2,729 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shilohcane View Post
    It does seem the focus works better but not sure yet.
    I can't tell if it is faster. But it does seem to be a little more "decisive" than it used to be (doesn't change it's mind and try refocusing as often).

One fun thing to try is to test the optical imaging stabilization, which I had not done before. Act like you are taking a photo, then jitter the phone up and down rapidly a few millimeters while watching the screen- it is rock solid.... neat.
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5 (T-Mobile), Moto360, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G

I was wondering, in the change log it says "big button is now optional" so does that mean we can switch it to something smaller? Because if that's so I can't seem to find that option anywhere.

Global Posts
    2,729 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by matt3166 View Post
    I was wondering, in the change log it says "big button is now optional" so does that mean we can switch it to something smaller? Because if that's so I can't seem to find that option anywhere.
    Probably just a reference to if you set it to 16:9, it will take up the whole screen with the viewfinder.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,945 Global Posts
    ROM
    Perma-rooted and unlocked

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Low View Post
    I just updated the camera to the latest update that brought back the timer, and I can't seem to turn on hdr+. Anyone know how or am I missing something?
    I had this issue last night. When you think you are turning it ON, you are actually turning it off. The UI is not very clear. What you see in the menu is the current state...so when you see the slash, that means it is CURRENTLY off...not that it will turn off if you press it.

It's confusing as hell and they need to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    Probably just a reference to if you set it to 16:9, it will take up the whole screen with the viewfinder.
    That is what they are referring to (at 16:9, it also gets transparent).... because in full resolution, 8MP at 4:3, that button is unavoidable.... either they crop the screen (which everyone universally derided) or they have some kind of border. Sure, they would make it a little more obvious, or aesthetically pleasing, but it has to be there.