Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default WiFi/Cellular issues with *some* apps

Good morning. A few days ago my phone (my wifes as well, also a N5) developed some kind of weird issue. When I'm connected to my home wifi, facebook will not work. It will sit there trying to load data/images/pages etc. So will Instagram, the facebook messenger app and the Dolphin browser. Sometimes it affects my Gmail app as well. As soon as I turn wifi off and move onto my TMobile data plan, everything immediately works 100%. I've tried rebooting my phone, my router at home, disconnecting and reconnecting to the wifi, forgetting the wifi connection and reconnecting, etc. Nothing has helped. I've noticed the problem is intermittent and the weird thing is when I notice this happening with one of the apps, I can start up the Ookla speedtest app and it will work perfectly on my wifi. Also, my iPad, Chromebook, Roku, computers, all of them do not have this issue. They all work just fine.

I am completely stock on my phone, non-rooted. This started probably 2 days ago. Has anyone seen anything like this?
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: WiFi/Cellular issues with *some* apps

Anyone?

Global Posts
    430 Global Posts

Hmm. This started happening to the XDA Premium (rebranded Tapatalk) app a few days ago, but I didn't think twice about it because that app has a long history of being flaky and stupid.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Interestingly enough Tapatalk isn't affected in my case.

I've noticed the same thing about a week ago. Haven't quite pinned down what's causing it. It's almost like there's no data connection for 5-10 whenever it occurs, even though the phone is showing strong connected wifi signal.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I looked some more into this and one thing I noticed is that my WiFi and Cellular icons turn orange, apparently this means there's no data transfer even though you're connected properly. Also people are thinking this is a KitKat glitch, but I don't see how this would all of a sudden happen when I've been on KitKat since February.