Timely app complete uninstall

Biburonis

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Hey everyone.

So I tried the timely app on my N5, still prefered the stock app so I uninstalled timely. However, every time the alarm clock goes of now, it has the timely theme! What? :eek: Pretty annoying, an app like this leaving stuff behind.
I've tried to remove all cached data before the uninstal, clear defaults, reseted phone (not factory reset)... does anyone have a solution for this?

Kelly Burby

Banned
Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Hey everyone.

So I tried the timely app on my N5, still prefered the stock app so I uninstalled timely. However, every time the alarm clock goes of now, it has the timely theme! What? :eek: Pretty annoying, an app like this leaving stuff behind.
I've tried to remove all cached data before the uninstal, clear defaults, reseted phone (not factory reset)... does anyone have a solution for this?

hmm.... that looks weird you have already uninstall the application, clear the default soft reset your device and still you are encountering the same problem, well I am afraid but I think the option left for you is the factory reset only !! Because you have done almost all the thing that we are going to suggest you.

Biburonis

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the quick reply!
Yeah, that's what i was fearing...
This is a huge bug for an app with great reputation on google play, already reported it.

Iggymart

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
You should try to wipe the cache using stock recovery before resorting to such extreme measures. Restoring to factory settings should be your LAST resort.

Posted via Android Central App

Biburonis

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I have done that, of course.
Well, as i only have my N5 for 1 month now and after reading a lot about the subject, i took this opportunity to root my device. Yey!
It is now fully restored, with my google account connected and some of my must-have apps installed, i went to try the alarm... and F' IT, the alarm is still not stock! I do not understand but i guess i'll have to live with it... it's not that important but it is quite nerve racking

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Have you tried just selecting a new alarm tone? Open the Clock app, then select the Alarm Clock section. Tap on one of your alarms, and then tap on the ringtone (the word with the musical note next to it). Then select a different ringtone. Does it still play the Timely ringtone even if you select something else?

It may be that Timely saved its ringtones to your system ringtones folder--so when you uninstall it, the ringtones remain. But that shouldn't mean you're forced to use them.

Biburonis

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Thanks!
It's not the ringtone, it's the graphic interface that's clearly from timely and not stock Android. It only happens when the alarm goes off and you have to choose between the snooze and stop alarm options, other screens in the clock app are fine.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
How did you uninstall? From the Google Play page or from the Settings page? Try reinstalling it, then uninstall from the Google Play app page.

Silas0220

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
That's such a strange issue...even when I have Timely installed but set the alarm from the regular alarm clock app, I get the UI from the regular alarm clock app (which I prefer, so I get your issue). I'd try reinstalling the app, go to the app's page in settings, and clear data and cache from the app, then uninstall, all from the page in settings. It's possible something got left behind on the uninstall that clearing the app's data might fix? Weird...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay