Mods: not sure where to put this since it's not really a tmobile issue specfically, but unbranded phones. Feel free to move to the right section

iOS 8 lets your iPhone make WiFi calls on T-Mobile

Why can't Google patch things up for us Nexus folks now? UMA calling is sooo sweet when going internationally/ in basements where there is no cell reception
    06-02-2014 07:30 PM
    Hmm that is intriguing though.... While I don't plan on moving back to ios (don't hate it but I find iPhone to small) unless they increase screen time to at least 5 inches it is good to know I now have another option to choose for a phone that has wifi calling which is a must for me since I get no service in my house

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    06-02-2014 07:37 PM
    Hmm that is intriguing though.... While I don't plan on moving back to ios (don't hate it but I find iPhone to small) unless they increase screen time to at least 5 inches it is good to know I now have another option to choose for a phone that has wifi calling which is a must for me since I get no service in my house

I'm not disturbed by the iphone's specs or whatever, but am that the iphone is an "unlocked" phone that's carrying tmobile's wifi calling. I don't think any of us would agree that wifi calling is bad and I don't know of a single person who wouldn't want this feature.

if Apple can implement it on their iPhone, why can't google on nexus? The iphone isn't carrier branded any more than nexus/GPE phones are
    06-02-2014 07:43 PM
    I'm not disturbed by the iphone's specs or whatever, but am that the iphone is an "unlocked" phone that's carrying tmobile's wifi calling. I don't think any of us would agree that wifi calling is bad and I don't know of a single person who wouldn't want this feature.

if Apple can implement it on their iPhone, why can't google on nexus? The iphone isn't carrier branded any more than nexus/GPE phones are
    Yes but ios has it baked into the os similar to how T-Mobile branded phones have it baked in. Google would need to bake it into Android itself and I just don't see it happening any time soon. I would get a iPhone before I ever get another nexus device as far as phones go because of that.

While I liked the nexus 5... Once I changed to T-Mobile I sold it because I get no service with T-Mobile in my house and needed wifi calling so I got a note 3 instead

06-02-2014 07:45 PM
    Yes but ios has it baked into the os similar to how T-Mobile branded phones have it baked in. Google would need to bake it into Android itself and I just don't see it happening any time soon. I would get a iPhone before I ever get another nexus device as far as phones go because of that.

While I liked the nexus 5... Once I changed to T-Mobile I sold it because I get no service with T-Mobile in my house and needed wifi calling so I got a note 3 instead

Uh.. if Apple can integrate a "carrier" feature into their "unlocked" phone the question is why can't google...
    06-02-2014 08:17 PM
    Would the license for UMA allow the proprietary source and/or binaries to be posted publicly?

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)
    06-02-2014 08:34 PM