Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default T-mobile Apple IOS8 UMA calling

Mods: not sure where to put this since it's not really a tmobile issue specfically, but unbranded phones. Feel free to move to the right section

iOS 8 lets your iPhone make WiFi calls on T-Mobile

Why can't Google patch things up for us Nexus folks now? UMA calling is sooo sweet when going internationally/ in basements where there is no cell reception
    Banned

Global Posts
    4,763 Global Posts

Default Re: T-mobile Apple IOS8 UMA calling

Hmm that is intriguing though.... While I don't plan on moving back to ios (don't hate it but I find iPhone to small) unless they increase screen time to at least 5 inches it is good to know I now have another option to choose for a phone that has wifi calling which is a must for me since I get no service in my house

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Closingracer View Post
    Hmm that is intriguing though.... While I don't plan on moving back to ios (don't hate it but I find iPhone to small) unless they increase screen time to at least 5 inches it is good to know I now have another option to choose for a phone that has wifi calling which is a must for me since I get no service in my house

I'm not disturbed by the iphone's specs or whatever, but am that the iphone is an "unlocked" phone that's carrying tmobile's wifi calling. I don't think any of us would agree that wifi calling is bad and I don't know of a single person who wouldn't want this feature.

if Apple can implement it on their iPhone, why can't google on nexus? The iphone isn't carrier branded any more than nexus/GPE phones are
    Banned

Global Posts
    4,763 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bigballer View Post
    I'm not disturbed by the iphone's specs or whatever, but am that the iphone is an "unlocked" phone that's carrying tmobile's wifi calling. I don't think any of us would agree that wifi calling is bad and I don't know of a single person who wouldn't want this feature.

if Apple can implement it on their iPhone, why can't google on nexus? The iphone isn't carrier branded any more than nexus/GPE phones are
    Yes but ios has it baked into the os similar to how T-Mobile branded phones have it baked in. Google would need to bake it into Android itself and I just don't see it happening any time soon. I would get a iPhone before I ever get another nexus device as far as phones go because of that.

While I liked the nexus 5... Once I changed to T-Mobile I sold it because I get no service with T-Mobile in my house and needed wifi calling so I got a note 3 instead

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Closingracer View Post
    Yes but ios has it baked into the os similar to how T-Mobile branded phones have it baked in. Google would need to bake it into Android itself and I just don't see it happening any time soon. I would get a iPhone before I ever get another nexus device as far as phones go because of that.

While I liked the nexus 5... Once I changed to T-Mobile I sold it because I get no service with T-Mobile in my house and needed wifi calling so I got a note 3 instead

Uh.. if Apple can integrate a "carrier" feature into their "unlocked" phone the question is why can't google...

Would the license for UMA allow the proprietary source and/or binaries to be posted publicly?

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)