Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Use Android device as webcam for PC (USB)?

OK, so I've been searching the internet for hours and i have come up with nothing. I'm trying to use either my nexus 5 or nexus 7 as a webcam for my PC. I bought a webcam on amazon for around $20 and they were complete crap, i cant afford anything more right now and i have both these devices with great cameras already. is there a way to connect them through usb to my PC so i can use them as a webcam? I tried ip webcam but my internet suck and when i stream both the video and anything online it lags and i need lag free. I assumed connecting through usb would be better, but i cant find anything good on how to do that. i tried WO Webcam but it connects briefly and then just disconnects. If anyone could help me id be extremely grateful!!

Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Use Android device as webcam for PC (USB)?

While I haven't use this app, a quick google search shows that https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...com.pas.webcam should let you do what you want.

Default Re: Use Android device as webcam for PC (USB)?

Welcome to Android Central! Some people have described using AirDroid. See this thread for more info: Using a smartphone as remote web cam - Mobile phones