4.4.3 with ART runtime?

Thor20003

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone gotten the update or used the update with ART yet? Just wondering if there are any issues and if I should switch back before the update.

Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
No problems for me!

Posted via Android Central App.
Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Mine was set to ART before the update, and still is after the update (first thing I checked). Works fine so far.... although I haven't used the phone for more than a moment so far.

Jayq330

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Funny you should ask that because I'm asking if the update uses ART by default, when I was updating to 4.4.3 I noticed the last thing it did was convert my app's to ART... I've always left Android on Dalvik due to ART not ready for Android to officially use as default rt, but since it choose ART for me I figured that either it was ready for use *& could be the reason to the battery enduring 50% longer* our that all my apps are runtime capable? Idk, what I do want to know is if anyone else has had their runtime changed by Android.

Crisdean

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
I haven't exowri need any issues and ever since Line got updated to work under ART the device is switched over and working fine.

Jayq330

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I posted a comment about how my N5 turned everything to ART on its own, but it was backwards I forgot that I was using ART before the 4.3 update & it turned everything back to Dalvik *thinking it was turning ART@ the time* but I just looked at my settings & it's using Dalvik... I wanted to know if you have already tried to use art? Because I've been trying & all I get is my phone restarting with Dalvik still running. I'm rooted twrp recovery with super SU for root access. I'd use to be able to switch to art without a problem but now I can't is this isolated or do you or anyone else have this problem, our better yet a solution?

onthecouchagain

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I personally don't understand the hype of ART. I find when running on ART, my device is a bit buggier. And sometimes, apps take a long time to open. It'll be highlighted, but the app won't actually launch for a few seconds. It just hangs there.

Am I the only one experiencing this under ART? I've never noticed it under Davlik.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
I personally don't understand the hype of ART. I find when running on ART, my device is a bit buggier. And sometimes, apps take a long time to open. It'll be highlighted, but the app won't actually launch for a few seconds. It just hangs there.

Am I the only one experiencing this under ART? I've never noticed it under Davlik.

I have not had that experience.

But I do agree that using ART is not much of a big whoop. The phone does seem a tiny bit faster and it did seem to add some to the idle/standby battery time. But I also have not found any app that doesn't work or bugs I could attribute to using ART.

gidgiddonihah

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
The only app that refuses to work is MLB At Bat. It crashes anytime I try to load a baseball game. What's odd is it plays replays and whatnot but can't play a game. Other than that I haven't run across any real bugs. The minor speed boost feels like it finally makes Android totally smooth. Even things like the multitasking button is much quicker.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone gotten the update or used the update with ART yet? Just wondering if there are any issues and if I should switch back before the update. .

No problems here. I installed it with ART active and it retained ART after the install. The only side effect is that the update will take longer with ART, because of the way ART works.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech