Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Textra SMS notifications in the Lock Screen

I've replaced Hangouts with Textra. Seems to be a good choice. Only thing that bugs me is the notifications give you no information other than you've received a text. You have to unlock the phone then open Textra and find the message. It's a bit ordinary.

I tried Slidelock and NiLS but wasn't too fussed on either, though maybe I didn't set them up properly. NiLS was particularly annoying, with the notifications interfering with the lock screen operation. Slidelock was just plain buggy.

I'm happy with how it's done on my iPhone. It's nothing special, I'd just taken it for granted. It surprised me that it would be such a pain on Android.

Anyone have any foolproof works-out-of-the-box solutions?

Default Re: Textra SMS notifications in the Lock Screen

You can add widgets to the lock screen. In the lock screen swipe right to add whichever widget you like (textra) and save.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

That might be a way, but unfortunately Textra doesn't show up as a widget option.

Well Hangouts has a great widget, or https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...oman.dashclock is the absolute best.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Doesn't Textra have a pop up notification option? I use Chomp SMS (believe it's developed by same outfit) and I can turn this feature on. You can reply and see other messages in the conversation without unlocking the phone. If you wait long enough the message goes behind the lock screen but can still be replied to without opening the app first.

Posted with Nexus 5 via Android Central App
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

It does have a pop-up notification in the settings but it doesn't seem to work in the lockscreen. What's Chomp like? I've read it has ads.

I love it. I've been using it for almost a year. I have the paid version (which definitely has no ads) but I feel it's totally been worth it.

The pop up notification is a must for me at this point. You can also click 'done' for a message from the lock screen and it will mark it as read without having to unlock the phone. It's slick.

Posted with Nexus 5 via Android Central App

Global Posts
    102 Global Posts

Ac display works good for lock screen notification. Very clean will also auto wake screen when take phone out of your pocket.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app