Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Golfdriver97
  • 1 Post By Golfdriver97
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 5 stuck on Google screen

My Nexus 5 which I have been using for 5 months without any issues has suddenly got stuck on the startup screen.
    This whole day it has just been showing the google screen and nothing I do would change it. I tried rebooting but that didn't help either.

Can someone please help with this?

Global Posts
    20,829 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Nexus 5 stuck on Google screen

Quote Originally Posted by Birendra Katugampola View Post
    My Nexus 5 which I have been using for 5 months without any issues has suddenly got stuck on the startup screen.
    This whole day it has just been showing the google screen and nothing I do would change it. I tried rebooting but that didn't help either.

Can someone please help with this?
    Welcome to the forums.
    I would try clearing cache in recovery and see if that helps. Here is how: [GUIDE] Nexus 5 Recovery

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
    B. Diddy likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Hi Thanks a lot for taking the time to answer But unfortunately it did not work.

It says E: failed to mount / cache (Invalid argument)

Is there any thing else I can do?

Quote Originally Posted by Birendra Katugampola View Post
    Hi Thanks a lot for taking the time to answer But unfortunately it did not work.

It says E: failed to mount / cache (Invalid argument)

Is there any thing else I can do?
    That is not a good sign. My recommendation is to attempt a factory reset - use the above instructions. I would bet you get a similar error. Did you purchase the phone from Google?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    -Retired -
    8GB Toshiba Thrive
    AT&T Apple iPhone 3G
    AT&T Samsung Galaxy S2 SGH-i777

-Current-
    Google Nexus 5 32GB Black
    Apple iPad 4 64GB Black

It may be that the update messed with your phone. This happened to my old N4, stock unrooted. If the factory reset doesn't fix it you may need to side load the update. You can do this with Wug Fresh toolkit...Google it..you need a PC. Choose the bootloop/not working properly option.

Quote Originally Posted by frenziedfemale View Post
    It may be that the update messed with your phone. This happened to my old N4, stock unrooted. If the factory reset doesn't fix it you may need to side load the update. You can do this with Wug Fresh toolkit...Google it..you need a PC. Choose the bootloop/not working properly option.
    I have to respectfully disagree. I would not use a toolkit to fix a problem. If the toolkit messes up, you have absolutely no idea where to start. If you are Fastboot ready I would go ahead and download 4.4.3 from Google. Unzip it into platform-tools and unzip the second zipped folder (it should be nestled in the first zip) into platform-tools. If you are on a PC simply double click the Flash-All.bat file.

-Retired -
    8GB Toshiba Thrive
    AT&T Apple iPhone 3G

-Current-
    Apple iPad 4 64GB Black
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Welcome to the forums.
    I would try clearing cache in recovery and see if that helps. Here is how: [GUIDE] Nexus 5 Recovery
    Hi I tried this but it didn't work either, Neither did it work after trying a factory reset :-(
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by gidgiddonihah View Post
    That is not a good sign. My recommendation is to attempt a factory reset - use the above instructions. I would bet you get a similar error. Did you purchase the phone from Google?

The factory reset didn;t work either. I bought the phone form Singapore and am now residing in Sri Lanka.
    I took the phone to the LG agent in SL and they said they would need to do the 4.4.3 update manually, but they said that the update is unique to each region and they were not sure if it would work with my phone. Any ideas if the update is unique to specific regions?

Global Posts
    20,829 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

I wouldn't have thought the update was region specific. Other devices, Samsungs especially, but not a Nexus.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
    gidgiddonihah likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    I wouldn't have thought the update was region specific. Other devices, Samsungs especially, but not a Nexus.
    +1 I don't think the LG guy knows what he's talking about. If it was region specific Google wouldn't have the 4.4.3 firmware up for grabs for anyone in any region. Even the radio firmware has both the 820 and 821 versions nestled in the same file meaning anyone with either device can flash the same radio.

-Retired -
    8GB Toshiba Thrive
    AT&T Apple iPhone 3G

-Current-
    Apple iPad 4 64GB Black