Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Keyboard problem with messaging app

I've had this problem off and on for a few weeks (maybe over a month) now. Every so often when someone sends me a text and I go to respond, the keyboard will pop up, I'll be able to swipe letters but no word will be generated and no suggested words will pop up above the keyboard. I noticed the issue when using textra, so I deleted that app and went back to using hangouts. I noticed the issue with hangouts so I changed the keyboard from the stock keyboard to swiftkey and am still having the same issue. The only way I can get the keyboard to actually start working is by going into the multitasking screen and fully closing the app. When I reopen the app, the keyboard works as normal. I've tried clearing the cache and even fully clearing all the data in the keyboard app. Has anyone else had this issue? I've searched far and wide and haven't really seen anyone else describe this issue. This Nexus 5 is my first try for android and this issue is honestly giving me a bad taste in my mouth (I've thoroughly enjoyed the phone up until this issue arose). I got the phone in early April (it replaced an iPhone 4s) and didn't notice this issue until maybe early May. Thanks for any help!

C-Dawg