Nexus 5 or G2 ?

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Hello there guys! (if your name is phil, and you are reading this, skip below and tell me what u like most G2 or N5)

First of all, sorry about this, i dont use to write on the forum, im usually just reading, but a i did lil bit of research and i didnt see no post about ppl asking "which phone should i buy " so im not really sure if this is allowed, on top of that i didnt know where to post this question so im posting it on nexus 5 forum and LG G2 forum (sorry again! if any mod read this feel free to Answer! move it to the right place!, TY!

Ok, now a lil bit of my history, like a year ago or so, i bough an LG L9, i liked LG software A LOT, i didnt knowi was going to use quick memo that much. however, i broke that one, then i bough and lumia 920 (hey! good stuff going on with WP8.1) i drown that one last week. and now im looking for android phone and i narrowed my selection to: Nexus 5 and LG G2.

I like the hardware of the Nexus 5 more than G2, but im going 2 use a case (slim armor if u wanna know) so it doesn't bother me that much, i like the G2 because of LG software (which i DO like, QuickMemo and Qslide is really useful for me), the camera and of course that HUGE battery. Until a couple of days ago i was decided to buy the G2, but now im not that sure because i dunno how long LG will support it, and i'd hate to install a custom rom to keep it uptodate, because that would mean no more Lg software, and if thats the case, id rather go for a N5.

(im getting both for almost same price)so:

Nexus 5
+ Updates
// Build Quality (Dont care, going for a case)
- Camera
- Battery life

LG G2
+ LG Software
+ Batter life
+ Camera
// Build Quality (Dont care, going for a case)
--- Updates

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The Nexus 5 and G2 both have very similar internals, with the exception of the battery, so if battery life is more important to you than fast system updates and prolonged support, then go for the G2. If you don't need a total workhorse of a phone, the N5's battery should be fine, but bear in mind that I typically only get about 3 hrs of screen on time (with mixed use) per full charge. The N5's camera is actually very good in my experience, so I don't think it should be a minus (although I haven't been able to compare it directly to the G2).

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The Nexus 5 and G2 both have very similar internals, with the exception of the battery, so if battery life is more important to you than fast system updates and prolonged support, then go for the G2. If you don't need a total workhorse of a phone, the N5's battery should be fine, but bear in mind that I typically only get about 3 hrs of screen on time (with mixed use) per full charge. The N5's camera is actually very good in my experience, so I don't think it should be a minus (although I haven't been able to compare it directly to the G2).

Wow that was Fast!, Thank you so much, well i've read a lot about both phones, and as far as i know N5 had problems with the camera at launch, and they fixed it with some firmware updates, but i put it as a minus comparing it with the G2's camera (hahaha u could say "how the hell could u compare both phones if u have none of em ? " hahahahaha well, thats true, but i've read that the G2 have one of the best android's cameras and i havent read nothing like that about N5).

About battery life, its kinda important to me, most of the time i'd get 12 hours out of my 920 (im not used to go out with my charger), i dont use consume media on the phone, i've a laptop and my N7 for it... but my mains uses, in order are:
-WhatsApp (A LOT, for real, A LOT)
-Mail

I try not to use my game for gaming, but occasionally i will. + as im a student i might be using some of office stuff (like OneNote).

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
hahaha i cant wait that much, i dont have a phone right now, plus... it WILL BREAK MY BANK. but yeah, it looks like ill go for the G2, if i need an update that bad ill just flash a custom rom... or probably some ppl at XDA could do a port from the G3 (which would be even better). im getting .2 more screen, more battery (i was looking at THIS right now and im amazed) and a better camera...

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
If battery life and camera are deciding factors then go with the G2. The battery life is great. I'm going 24-40 hours between charges and getting 7-8 hours screen on time.

Sent from my G2 running SOKP

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
^THIS^ plus, as i said before, if LG quits supporting the device... ill just rely in my best friends AKA developers hahahaha!
** hey, how easy is to unlock bootloader/flash roms on the G2 ? from 1 - 10 ?

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
^THIS^ plus, as i said before, if LG quits supporting the device... ill just rely in my best friends AKA developers hahahaha!
** hey, how easy is to unlock bootloader/flash roms on the G2 ? from 1 - 10 ?

Yeah, there's a lot of nice custom Roms on xda. You can even flash one based on stock LG software. The G2 is pretty easy to root and flash. Probably a 3/10 for difficulty if you're familiar with rooting. We don't unlock the bootloader on the G2 but Loki allows us to bypass the bootloader.

--EDIT--

This is the easiest way to root the G2. You might have to use ioroot 25 instead of ioroot 24.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14VMATgm4cw

Sent from my G2 running SOKP

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol