Black Screen

Erebuss

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
The past week my phone has started not responding and just having a black/blank screen. I can tell it's running, I get notification sounds and stuff, but it just won't respond. I can reset it by holding the power and volume up button, and that seems to fix it for some random amount of time, but eventually the screen will die again. Any advice?

mobilecrackers

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
The past week my phone has started not responding and just having a black/blank screen. I can tell it's running, I get notification sounds and stuff, but it just won't respond. I can reset it by holding the power and volume up button, and that seems to fix it for some random amount of time, but eventually the screen will die again. Any advice?

Go to recovery and see whether the problem exist
if the problem exist then it is an hardware problem

Erebuss

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I did a factory reset and within 20 minutes of that it did it again. Now I tried wiping the cache partition and haven't had the problem yet. We'll see though.

Erebuss

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Well, this seemed to work for awhile, but then it happened again late last night. Plugging the phone in to the charger turned the screen back on however, even though the battery was still nearly fully charged. Could it possibly be a battery issue?

Iggymart

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site

Just out of curiosity, are you using any third party lock screen app?
Is the screen completely black or can you at least see the 3 capacitive buttons at the bottom?
I ask these questions because I encountered a black screen the other day after trying a lock screen app.

Posted via Android Central App

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Boot the phone into Safe Mode If it functions correctly in safe mode, then you have a misbehaving app.

To boot Safe Mode:

1) Turn phone on
2) Press and hold the power button until menu pops up
3) Long press on the Power Off option until this pops up

safe mode.jpg

4) Tap OK.

Erebuss

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Nope, not using any 3rd party lock stuff. And it's a pain because I can't force it to duplicate the problem, it seems completely random. Sometimes it'll lock up for hours, sometimes it'll lock up for less than 30 seconds. And it's gone a few days without it happening, and then will all of a sudden lock up out of nowhere.