Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Who has successfully synced contacts from Apple's iCloud to Android?

I would like to hear from anybody who has successfully synced their contacts from iCloud to Android.
    There are plenty of instructions out there, but they all vary to a certain degree, so I'd be grateful to hear from someone who has actually done it. Up to now I have been using an app called Smoothsync, but I've had many problems with it, and the company are unable to help.
    I think I'll have to go the Google way, but there are so many different instructions that I don't know which to follow, and the last thing I want to do is screw up my contacts database.

Global Posts
    553 Global Posts

Default Re: Who has successfully synced contacts from Apple's iCloud to Android?

Realize you may not have a Mac, but for me, I've used the app "Contacts Sync for Google Gmail" from the Mac app store - it really does a fantastic job syncing contacts, and KEEPS them synced between iCloud and Google. It can also do one-way sync - and keeps fields pretty much aligned.

Otherwise, just export the contacts as a vCard from Contacts/Address Book on the Mac, or on iCloud.com, and import into Gmail.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Who has successfully synced contacts from Apple's iCloud to Android?

Thanks. Yes I do have a mac. I'll look into that app.
    If I just export all the contacts as a card, how can I keep them in sync, or should I just use google on my mac too?

Global Posts
    553 Global Posts

If you export/import, they won't stay in sync. This app is really perfect for that.

Man, I use to have an iphone, which was stolen in Rome. So, when arriving in my country, I bought a Samsung S5 and thought I would be screwed about the contacts. But no, I was really helped by internet and icloud services. It`s easy, copied all the contacts, but a mess, as long as it saves all your contacts from facebook, etc. Better fixing that inputing right?
    Well, I went to icloud, clicked "contacts", clicked that symbol of configuration in the below left corner and clicked "export vcard". Well, I exported to my computer.
    After that, I sent it to my gmail account and linked the gmail account to my samsung. Ready, all me contacts were on my phone.
    THat`s the simplest way I found. The people here might have better ones, but at least for me, this way saved me.

Best wishes,
    Marcelo

Global Posts
    489 Global Posts

What I did was to export my contacts to a file on my Mac and then import them to Google's contacts via the Web.

Posted from my Galaxy S4 via Android Central App
    Nexus 5 • Nexus 7 • Surface Pro 3

I payed for and downloaded the app SmoothSync for both Mac email & contacts...guess what SDW...forget the glowing reviews...I have a droid version 4.4.4....looking for a fix myself

Posted via the Android Central App
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Smoothsync is now working fine for me. Touch wood.