Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By srkmagnus
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default nexus 5

on another day i read in another website about service framework..
    i cleared my service framework data few days back for quick update to 4.4.3, i recently read that it was a bad thing to do.
    my phone works fine but will it affect my device in anyway?? i'm happy to wait for the update but will it influence in OTA
    can any one tell me what to do now. should i factory reset my phone or it's best to do nothing..
    i need a clear idea. can any one help me pls!!

Default Re: nexus 5

Quote Originally Posted by surendar madhan View Post
    on another day i read in another website about service framework..
    i cleared my service framework data few days back for quick update to 4.4.3, i recently read that it was a bad thing to do.
    my phone works fine but will it affect my device in anyway?? i'm happy to wait for the update but will it influence in OTA
    can any one tell me what to do now. should i factory reset my phone or it's best to do nothing..
    i need a clear idea. can any one help me pls!!
    The only thing I believe could possibly get messed up is your Google play store stuff. I remember clearing the service framework once and the app device manager stopped working for my phone. It's not really of any concern in regards to breaking the phone but I could be wrong. I'm sure somewhere here more knowledgeable could inform you.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    12,881 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: nexus 5

Here is a good read over on reddit: PSA: Do not clear data for Google Service Framework : Android

In addition, take a look at the post by morrildl, which gives more detail about what that does.

No need to worry if you did it and received the update. If there are problems with the device then perform a factory reset and start fresh - be sure to backup your data beforehand.
    B. Diddy likes this.