Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Bluetooth Connection

I have a Nexus 5 running Android 4.4.3 and was wondering if I can connect it to my laptop running Windows Ultimate 64 SP1 using Bluetooth and transfer files between the devices? Can anyone confirm that I can?
    Thanks

Default Re: Bluetooth Connection

I'm not certain about Bluetooth, but I am certain that if you try this https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....sand.airdroid you will find it is way more awesome than anything you could have imagined.

Global Posts
    8,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

I would imagine Bluetooth transfer would work - to be safe, you can also try a wireless transfer method as suggested above by N4Newbie.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by N4Newbie View Post
    I'm not certain about Bluetooth, but I am certain that if you try this https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....sand.airdroid you will find it is way more awesome than anything you could have imagined.
    Thanks will try that but would really like to see if I can do it with Bluetooth first. Maybe the problem I am having is related to the problem I am having using the USB cable. When I use the USB cable I see the Nexus 5 in Windows Explorer and its folders on the Nexus 5 while its in the Camera PTP mode but the Nexus 5 disappears when I switch to the Media device mode (MTP). I have downloaded and installed the ADB drivers but still have the problem.
    My Nexus 7 works fine in both modes.