Oh woho is me.

Michael J Dickson

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
So I have a question and I don't know how to resolve ,so I figured to ask everybody in the Google /Android world. So my dilemma is. I've been with Verizon for many many years . Doing the red thing ,phone , T.V. internet and cell phone customer. A few weeks ago I bought a Nexus 7 and discovered the beauty of the Nexus( yes, that sound corny. I know.) this open my eyes to non contract phones. I've also enjoyed reading up on Android, Google and all things droid. At the end of the week I will be done with my two year contract . I have a RAZR droid for 2 years.
I have narrowed it down my replacement phone. Nexus 5 or Moto x. All the reviews seems that Nexus 5 is the way to go. I have separation anxiety leaving Verizon. I see that Moto x is supported by Verizon. I have my wife and a friend on the phone plan, ( wife's on contract)so Verizon won't be totally gone. I just hear all the negative stories about AT&T /T Mobile. I probably will go with AT&T if I was to go with Nexus 5. If it matters I live in Philadelphia Metro Area.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Since you're pretty heavily invested in Verizon, it might make more sense for you to go for the Moto X. The Motorola experience is fairly close to stock Android, with some very notable (and popular) features, like Active Notifications. And so far, Motorola (and amazingly enough, Verizon) have both been very good about getting updates to the Moto X (and G) quickly.

Keep in mind that the Droid Ultra/Maxx/Mini are essentially the same as the X, with the exception of a few more features/bloatware (and, in the case of the Maxx, that monster battery). Updates to the Ultra line have not been as quick, though.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
You will normally get better thread response by creating a subject/topic that matches your posting...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armeniomanuel