Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 5 Partition trouble (I think)

I have the following problem.

I cracked my screen and had it replaced. During the next week my phone started rebooting all the time. Today I couldn't turn it on anymore.
    I brought it back to the store that fixed the screen. They had it in and when I got it back, I could turn it on but all data was erased. Also it says that it only has 128 mb internal space. Therefore it keeps telling me that I do not have enough space and that I cannot use any apps.
    Also I can no longer use it as a phone, as it doesn't seem to find the sim card or at least allow me to use it.

I have tried doing a complete master resetting, hoping that it would bring the device back to normal, but it didn't work. I can take it back to the store, but I have very little faith in them by now. Is there something I can do myself?

Global Posts
    30,515 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Default re: Nexus 5 Partition trouble (I think)

Quote Originally Posted by Anders Skovsborg View Post
    I have the following problem.

I cracked my screen and had it replaced. During the next week my phone started rebooting all the time. Today I couldn't turn it on anymore.
    I brought it back to the store that fixed the screen. They had it in and when I got it back, I could turn it on but all data was erased. Also it says that it only has 128 mb internal space. Therefore it keeps telling me that I do not have enough space and that I cannot use any apps.
    Also I can no longer use it as a phone, as it doesn't seem to find the sim card or at least allow me to use it.

I have tried doing a complete master resetting, hoping that it would bring the device back to normal, but it didn't work. I can take it back to the store, but I have very little faith in them by now. Is there something I can do myself?
    Welcome to the forums.
    I would see if you can reflash the stock images. This will wipe your device, but I think that is the only option. Look this over: [GUIDE] Nexus 4 - Factory Image Restore

As for the files you need go here: https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images
    Download files only for the Nexus 5

Unhappy Re: Nexus 5 Partition trouble (I think)

Did you get this fixed or find out more about the problem?
    I've exactly the same issue from the same change, replacing the screen.
    Every reboot requires settings to be re-entered. (wifi password and google ID).

I've tried flashing the phone but during the flash-all process the phone reboots and forgets that it's unlocked.

It is as if the main 16GB storage is completely missing and the IMEI / baseband information is not being able to be retrieved.

Steven