Nexus 5 KitKat 4.4.3 upgrade causing new issues/bugs

Samar Basrai

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
hi
my nexus 5 got upgraded to 4.4.3 couple of days back.
what I can compare is that my WIFI & NETWORK SIGNAL (T mobile)strength is low as compared to earlier and sometimes the call gets dropped.:(

Is anyone facing the similar issue ?
any other issue facing ...?
-SB

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Update about a week ago. One (so far as I know) network drop, and one phone freeze, the latter never having happened before. But of course, causes of both unknown.

Posted via Android Central App

the gator

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I was on the talking on the phone and it rebooted, that is the first time that happened since I had phone since it came out.

32gig

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
I haven't noticed any side effects of the new update.. runs just as smooth as day one..

Bront

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I had the phone reboot on me once, but I'm not sure if that wasn't another issue (my alarm went off while the phone was plugged into my PC and doing a data transfer, so that might have been the issue). I haven't had any issues since I manually cleared the cache (again). So far on 3 hours off charger, I'm at 97%. Not bad.

Brian Low

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
I feel like nothing has drastically changed. One thing that I did notice was my battery life though. It has gotten worse since the update.

Bret Betnar

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
My battery life has been fine, but ever since the update, my Bluetooth controls no longer work. I know this was a problem for some users with 4.4.2 on other phones, like the Nexus 4 for example, but I never had any issues with it until after the update.

Samar Basrai

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
yes , I have checked on some other forums n users are facing similar issues.
I can see that battery life is also affected ,getting drained out fast .....GOOGLE are you listening ....

Bret Betnar

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
My battery life has been fine, but ever since the update, my Bluetooth controls no longer work. I know this was a problem for some users with 4.4.2 on other phones, like the Nexus 4 for example, but I never had any issues with it until after the update.

I resolved my issue on my own. We'll see how it holds out. Here's what I had to do before it would work.

Step 1 - Unpair all involved devices. In my case this was my phone, my stereo, and my bluetooth earbuds. By Unpair, I mean delete them from the pairing list on every device, not just have them disconnected.

Step 2 - Factory Reset all involved devices. Every single one.

Step 3 - Re-pair, re-connect, and all good to go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz