Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By aldo82
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Questions about Whatsapp Popup Notifications

Hello,

After having an iphone for 4 years i just moved to nexus 5 and boy was it a harsh learning curve. Aint easy.

For some reason when a whatsapp pop up comes up on the locked screen and i press view it doesn't open up the lock screen, i have to press view and then manually unlock the phone. This doesn't happen when i get an sms pop up. Why is this? i played with every setting possible.

Also, when i watch a youtube video and get a whatsapp or sms notification it stops the video. This didn't happen on iphone and was wondering if ther is a way to change it.

thanks

Global Posts
    25,314 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimKat

Default Re: Questions about Whatsapp Popup Notifications

Quote Originally Posted by guyslichten View Post
    Hello,

After having an iphone for 4 years i just moved to nexus 5 and boy was it a harsh learning curve. Aint easy.

For some reason when a whatsapp pop up comes up on the locked screen and i press view it doesn't open up the lock screen, i have to press view and then manually unlock the phone. This doesn't happen when i get an sms pop up. Why is this? i played with every setting possible.

Also, when i watch a youtube video and get a whatsapp or sms notification it stops the video. This didn't happen on iphone and was wondering if ther is a way to change it.

thanks
    Welcome to the forums and Android.
    I would guess the whatsapp issue is part of the app itself. Meaning it isn't coded for what you would like it to do. I would email the developer and let them know about it.

As for the YouTube issue, that is a YouTube thing too. But I think that is more limited by the app and the OS. I have the same thing happen on different Android devices, so you aren't alone there.

What could not be changed, must be endured - New Spring, by Robert Jordan

Community Guidelines and also here, Developer Rules, and Marketplace
    Mobile Nations Sister Forums: iMore/Connectedly/Windows Central/Crackberry
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

thanks so much. what drives me crazy is that it seems strange to me that they dont think things like this through and then i always feel that i'm doing something wrong.

You can use a different app to handle notifications on the lock screen. For example look in the play store for NILS and the associated Floating Panel. With floating panel you get notifications on the lock screen that are similar to the way the iPhone does it but with more functionality. You can swipe a notification and it'll take you straight to view. There are other apps too so have a look around the play store

Posted via Android Central App
    Golfdriver97 likes this.