Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default I messed up.......and now, a myriad of problems :(

    So as soon as update files for 4.4.3 came out, I installed them right away (I'm in Korea, and it takes some time before OTA begins here).

    Things happened, and currently, it seems like I have the following problems.
    1. Package Installer crashes whenever I try to run a *.apk file
    2. Cannot enter App settings (Settings > Apps)
    3. Location Services do not seem to work, both GPS and cellular location
    4. Unable to connect to some Wifi networks (even some that I've connected to before)
    5. Mobile data connection is sloggy, and often switches between LTE, HSPA+, and even 'no connection'
    6. Occasional Exchange Services


    I'm not particularly well-versed in the android world; I just know how to do what I want/need, and I have no idea what is causing it....:P

    also I've seen some of the symptoms above being mentioned as a bug inherent in KitKat 4.4.3, so I don't know where to begin, either...

    If anybody has a vague idea of what's causing these, please help!!! It's finals week here and I can't use my phone the way I used to without Xposed......thanks in advance
  2. #2  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    21,742 Posts
    Global Posts
    22,183 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

    Default Re: I messed up.......and now, a myriad of problems :(

    Quote Originally Posted by timbomcchoi View Post
    So as soon as update files for 4.4.3 came out, I installed them right away (I'm in Korea, and it takes some time before OTA begins here).

    Things happened, and currently, it seems like I have the following problems.
    1. Package Installer crashes whenever I try to run a *.apk file
    2. Cannot enter App settings (Settings > Apps)
    3. Location Services do not seem to work, both GPS and cellular location
    4. Unable to connect to some Wifi networks (even some that I've connected to before)
    5. Mobile data connection is sloggy, and often switches between LTE, HSPA+, and even 'no connection'
    6. Occasional Exchange Services


    I'm not particularly well-versed in the android world; I just know how to do what I want/need, and I have no idea what is causing it....:P

    also I've seen some of the symptoms above being mentioned as a bug inherent in KitKat 4.4.3, so I don't know where to begin, either...

    If anybody has a vague idea of what's causing these, please help!!! It's finals week here and I can't use my phone the way I used to without Xposed......thanks in advance
    Have you tried clearing the cache in recovery? Here is how: [GUIDE] Nexus 5 Recovery

    Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: I messed up.......and now, a myriad of problems :(

    Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Have you tried clearing the cache in recovery? Here is how: [GUIDE] Nexus 5 Recovery
    oh yeah and I forgot to mention! I did indeed clear cache from recovery as well!

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
  4. #4  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    21,742 Posts
    Global Posts
    22,183 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

    Default Re: I messed up.......and now, a myriad of problems :(

    Have you done a factory reset?

    Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  5. #5  

    Default Re: I messed up.......and now, a myriad of problems :(

    So no nandroid before you side loaded? You may have to flash the image then.

    -Sent from Nexus 5
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: I messed up.......and now, a myriad of problems :(

    Quote Originally Posted by mickey4mice View Post
    So no nandroid before you side loaded? You may have to flash the image then.

    -Sent from Nexus 5
    I use titanium, and I have backups, or rather had... I had automatic backups scheduled, and it seems to have been overwritten since problem started. :-/
    Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Have you done a factory reset?
    I have not, but if it seems like there are no other ways, or the alternatives are very arduous, I might as well go through with it....

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: I messed up.......and now, a myriad of problems :(

    I should also mention that I'm having issues with Dialer as well. I seem to be unable to use the search function; as soon as I input a single letter in the search box, the process crashes immediately.

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
  8. #8  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    21,742 Posts
    Global Posts
    22,183 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

    Default Re: I messed up.......and now, a myriad of problems :(

    Have you considered reflashing the whole thing again?

    Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  9. #9  

    Default Re: I messed up.......and now, a myriad of problems :(

    Try doing a dirty flash with this zip image, flash root, and then see if you're still having issues. It's possible you're having problems caused by a corrupted OTA update.
    Nexus 5 on Sprint
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

    Default Re: I messed up.......and now, a myriad of problems :(

    Quote Originally Posted by Bront View Post
    Try doing a dirty flash with this zip image, flash root, and then see if you're still having issues. It's possible you're having problems caused by a corrupted OTA update.
    as mentioned above, it was not an OTA; I flashed it directly from Google's update files, but okay, I might as well :P

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
  11. #11  

    Default Re: I messed up.......and now, a myriad of problems :(

    Quote Originally Posted by timbomcchoi View Post
    as mentioned above, it was not an OTA; I flashed it directly from Google's update files, but okay, I might as well :P

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Yes, but assuming you used the update and not a full system flash, it's possibly the same thing.

    Good luck, hope that works.
    Nexus 5 on Sprint
    Thanked by:
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

    Default Re: I messed up.......and now, a myriad of problems :(

    Quote Originally Posted by Bront View Post
    Yes, but assuming you used the update and not a full system flash, it's possibly the same thing.

    Good luck, hope that works.
    yeah I got impatient, and just went on with the erase everything and start over option........ all is well now! wifi still seems a bit buggy, but I'm seeing that this is an issue innate to 4.4.3. thanks!!!!!

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Similar Threads

  1. S5 Active and wireless charging
    By NYfan78 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-01-2014, 01:15 PM
  2. NEW Serious problem with Samsung Gear 2 Neo battery life
    By Kishony in forum Samsung Gear 2 & Gear 2 Neo
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 10-03-2014, 12:30 PM
  3. Large Amount of Data Used on Nexus 5 (compared to iPhone)
    By guyslichten in forum Google Nexus 5
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-19-2014, 01:33 PM
  4. Samsung S4 Strange pattern bottom of screen
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-15-2014, 04:10 PM
  5. Kitkat unforgiving if Locked out of phone
    By John G5 in forum Android 4.4 KitKat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-14-2014, 11:27 AM

Posting Permissions