Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Share your car mount!!!

    I am looking for some ideas for car mounts and charging.

    Please share how you are using your Nexus 5 in the car. (Pics if possible)

    I am currently using this iPhone Car Mount | Best iPhone Car Mount | powerMOUNT | by Scosche

    Share your car mount!!!-car-mount.jpg

    Thanks
  2. #2  
    JeffDenver's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    2,925 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,945 Global Posts
    ROM
    Perma-rooted and unlocked

    Default Re: Share your car mount!!!

    Bought my BF this one...the nice thing about it is that if you want to pick up the phone, you just grab it...it slips easily in and out. It's also really portable, since there's no suction involved.


    Kenu Airframe - Kenu

    $25 with free shipping (and the free shipping was fast for me). It sounds pricy for what you get, but it feels like premium material, and the spring is very strong. The arms are grippy as well...it will not lose anything it can grip.

    Depth might not be enough for some extended battery phone cases. But my BF has a Galaxy S3 with an otterbox case and it fits fine.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Share your car mount!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by JeffDenver View Post
    Bought my BF this one...the nice thing about it is that if you want to pick up the phone, you just grab it...it slips easily in and out. It's also really portable, since there's no suction involved.

    http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/009...rs-r0.png?6031
    Kenu Airframe - Kenu

    $25 with free shipping (and the free shipping was fast for me). It sounds pricy for what you get, but it feels like premium material, and the spring is very strong. The arms are grippy as well...it will not lose anything it can grip.

    Depth might not be enough for some extended battery phone cases. But my BF has a Galaxy S3 with an otterbox case and it fits fine.
    Yeah I have that too but the problem I have is I didn't want a charging cable all over the place. Definitely a great holder but the way my vents are set up its always on an angle.

    Posted via Android Central App
  4. #4  
    JeffDenver's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    2,925 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,945 Global Posts
    ROM
    Perma-rooted and unlocked

    Default Re: Share your car mount!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by str8bucs View Post
    Yeah I have that too but the problem I have is I didn't want a charging cable all over the place. Definitely a great holder but the way my vents are set up its always on an angle.
    The mount turns as well. You can spin it 360 degrees. So it should be adjustable to any type of vent.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Share your car mount!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by JeffDenver View Post
    The mount turns as well. You can spin it 360 degrees. So it should be adjustable to any type of vent.
    It does but my vents are at a slight angle (Honda Accord)
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Share your car mount!!!

    I'm using this which is left over from my Droid DNA. It's pretty much a universal mount. I'm not using the supplies jumper as it activates car mode on the DNA and I'm not sure what it'd do to the Nexus. I like it because it's expandable (you can use it with any 'large' phone and case). Also, it can mount to the window or dash. I got mine from Verizon for $15 without the charger. They may still have them if you're interested.

    Amazon.com: iBOLT xProDock Kit for HTC: Cell Phones & Accessories
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: Share your car mount!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by antilles76 View Post
    I'm using this which is left over from my Droid DNA. It's pretty much a universal mount. I'm not using the supplies jumper as it activates car mode on the DNA and I'm not sure what it'd do to the Nexus. I like it because it's expandable (you can use it with any 'large' phone and case). Also, it can mount to the window or dash. I got mine from Verizon for $15 without the charger. They may still have them if you're interested.

    Amazon.com: iBOLT xProDock Kit for HTC: Cell Phones & Accessories
    yeah thats looks nice
  8. #8  
    bjrosen's Avatar

    Posts
    268 Posts
    Global Posts
    275 Global Posts

    Default Re: Share your car mount!!!

    Get one that has a built in QI charger, don't even consider a non-QI mount. I have my QI mount attached to the air-conditioning louvers instead of the windsheild, it makes it easy to use the N5 for navigation because it's within easy reach. The QI charger eliminates the need to plug a cable into the phone so it's much easier to pop the phone into and out of the charger.

    Share your car mount!!!-2014-06-17-11.43.21.jpg

    http://www.amazon.com/Lerway-Univers...0-20&m1k=vb_ac
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: Share your car mount!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by bjrosen View Post
    Get one that has a built in QI charger, don't even consider a non-QI mount. I have my QI mount attached to the air-conditioning louvers instead of the windsheild, it makes it easy to use the N5 for navigation because it's within easy reach. The QI charger eliminates the need to plug a cable into the phone so it's much easier to pop the phone into and out of the charger.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-06-17 11.43.21.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	336.3 KB 
ID:	123849
    What brand is it?

    Posted via Android Central App
  10. #10  
    bjrosen's Avatar

    Posts
    268 Posts
    Global Posts
    275 Global Posts

    Default Re: Share your car mount!!!

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-25-2014, 07:39 AM
  2. Share your LOW LIGHT shots.
    By Byron 5 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-17-2014, 12:37 AM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-16-2014, 11:31 AM
  4. M8 and GS5 can't share files via wifi direct
    By Kibbster in forum HTC One M8
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-16-2014, 10:27 AM
  5. How to Localize your Android Phone ! -VideoExplanation-
    By ayoubx01 in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-16-2014, 08:36 AM

Posting Permissions