Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Emails keep coming back after deletion

This is my thrid attempt - apologies for any duplication but previous 2 posts don't show

I have my own domain and I get POP3 emails the domain-provided-email-address forwarded to my POP3-ISP-provided-email address. These arrive on my N5.

I have the N5's incoming server settings set to "...delete emails from server when I delete emails from the device...". Despite this, emails get donwloaded to my N5 again and again even after I have deleted them from both the N5's email inbox (accessed via the "yellow @ card going into a white envelope" icon) and also aftre I deleted them from theN5's Recycle bin.

I understand that POP3 emails are prone to "re-arrive" like this, but if I can just reduce the frequency that this happens, that would be good.

701 Posts
    Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

Default Re: Emails keep coming back after deletion

Try heading over to the settings General settings>Incoming Server>Delete email from server> change it to when I delete from inbox. Now once you delete the message from your device inbox it will not appear over the Inbox again.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Emails keep coming back after deletion

Thank you, I have done as you suggest and I will keep my fingers crossed.