Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Cracked my Nexus 5 screen

So I managed to break my nexus 5 screen by dropping it at a ROCK! The glass has got cracks but I am using it right now. Screen and touch are working fine. I want to know if ONLY glass can be replaced or not. Also how much would it cost?

Default Re: Cracked my Nexus 5 screen

I live in the Fort Myers Fl. area and we have Rob the phone doctor who replaces screens for about $125. His site is Homepage | Rob The Phone DoctorRob The Phone Doctor-Phone & Tablet Repair you could call and check to see if it is possible. And of course see if someone in your area does the same work.

I have had great service with repairs from iResQ.com. I have had screens replaced on a Nexus 4 and a SGS 3. They also seem to set their prices competitively with supply cost and demand.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    2,478 Global Posts
    ROM
    Perma-rooted and unlocked

Quote Originally Posted by mazhar92 View Post
    So I managed to break my nexus 5 screen by dropping it at a ROCK! The glass has got cracks but I am using it right now. Screen and touch are working fine. I want to know if ONLY glass can be replaced or not. Also how much would it cost?
    Short answer; no. Not reliably.

Most modern phones embed the touch sensors into the glass...to they are no longer separate. You end up having to replace the entire display module.

I have seen claims that you can replace just the glass part yourself by buying the parts online (the ones I saw were around $20 or $25), but I've already heard a lot of people complain about the responsiveness of them...so I would just get it replaced by a real tech with OEM parts. When I did it, it came to about $150 after taxes and labor.