Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    349 Global Posts

Default Ordered my N5

So yesterday I ordered my Nexus 5 and received an email saying it will ship out around the 30th. It seems like an excessive length of time. How long (for those whom ordered directly from the play store) did it take for them to ship after purchasing? Maybe I'm impatient?

Default Re: Ordered my N5

Congratulations on the N5! It's a great phone. Did you order it with the standard shipping? That can take a little while longer than if you spring for the expedited shipping. I paid the extra $10 or so for the expedited shipping, because I figured why not, since I was already shelling out bigger bucks for the phone?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    349 Global Posts

Well I paid for the expedited shipping as well (2 day shipping). I also ordered the wireless charger as well. Hmm, maybe they are backed up on orders?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    349 Global Posts

Oh and it says "order will ship by the 30th of June" not "order will arrive by the 30th of June"

Quote Originally Posted by jc0187 View Post
    Oh and it says "order will ship by the 30th of June" not "order will arrive by the 30th of June"
    I would try to get my money back for the 2 day shipping.

Why would it leave on the 30th with expedited shipping lmfao. But all things aside, I've noticed that nexus 5's tend to ship pretty quickly. I ordered mine on launch date and it said it wouldn't ship till the 17th of November. I ended up getting it on the 6th of November. My friend ordered one not to long ago and it said it wouldn't arrive until the 20th of this month. He got it a week earlier. Seeing how today is the start of a weekend I'd say you'd get it either Saturday (if they ship on Saturdays around you) or monday. Definitely not the 30th but this is going by my experience.

Posted via Android Central App
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    349 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Low View Post
    Why would it leave on the 30th with expedited shipping lmfao. But all things aside, I've noticed that nexus 5's tend to ship pretty quickly. I ordered mine on launch date and it said it wouldn't ship till the 17th of November. I ended up getting it on the 6th of November. My friend ordered one not to long ago and it said it wouldn't arrive until the 20th of this month. He got it a week earlier. Seeing how today is the start of a weekend I'd say you'd get it either Saturday (if they ship on Saturdays around you) or monday. Definitely not the 30th but this is going by my experience.

Posted via Android Central App
    I'm hoping I get it early. I've ordered my accessories (case +screen protector) the day before yesterday (Wednesday) and they are to be delivered today. And both these items shipped from Texas.

Global Posts
    161 Global Posts

So yesterday I ordered my Nexus 5 and received an email saying it will ship out around the 30th. It seems like an excessive length of time. How long (for those whom ordered directly from the play store) did it take for them to ship after purchasing? Maybe I'm impatient?
    I ordered mine on a Thursday and was told it wouldn't be shipped until the following Monday, because it usually takes them one to two business days to process the order.

On the email, it said it would ship by Monday. But to my surprise, it actually arrived on Monday! I didn't even receive a shipping confirmation email until a few days after it arrived. I was expecting it to ship on Monday, not arrive on Monday. (I also selected two day shipping).

It is odd, however, that the email is telling you it won't ship until the 30th. The Play Store website lists the processing time for the N5 and the Nexus charger as one - two business days. If that is correct, it should ship today or Monday, not the 30th.

You should call or chat online with Google. They have pretty good customer service.

Mine got to me about a week before they said it would. Apparently that's not unusual. Ordered on Feb 12 and it arrived Feb 17.

Posted from my Nexus 5 via Android Central App
    --------------------------------------
    Nexus 5
    Nexus 7 2013
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Global Posts
    349 Global Posts

Well I called them and was told it went out yesterday and should arrive by Monday. Weird because I didn't receive an email or anything with shipping on it. They said that sometimes that happens. So, now I wait. Can't wait to get it!

Global Posts
    9,464 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Well I called them and was told it went out yesterday and should arrive by Monday. Weird because I didn't receive an email or anything with shipping on it. They said that sometimes that happens. So, now I wait. Can't wait to get it!
    That's good news! Let us know how it goes when you receive it and if you need any help with it.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Global Posts
    349 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by srkmagnus View Post
    That's good news! Let us know how it goes when you receive it and if you need any help with it.
    Awesome. Thank you