Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 32
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Nexus brand

    Hello everyone!
    I've owned the nexus 4 and the nexus 5 now, I've always noticed something funny that happens with people I talk to about my phone (I also work at a phone kiosk).

    When people ask my opinion and want to know what phone do I personally use I say "The Nexus".. The responses I get are always " the Lexus?? ", "is that better than the galaxy" "is it made by Samsung", " how many megapixels is the camera"

    Once a while I get a customer that has a nexus or knows all about it..those customers always have my full respect!
    But its funny that most people think galaxy is android.

    Posted via Android Central App
    ams284 and frag06 like this.
  2. #2  

    Default

    #samsung
    I get the same response from a lot of people as well. I tell them I have a nexus and their like "what galaxy nexus?"
    Posted via Android Central App
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Nexus brand

    Advertising tends to do that. Since the Nexus doesn't advertise, you'll find not everyone knows about it.

    Their loss.
    Nexus 5 on Sprint
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Nexus brand

    Many people still buy old phones that cost more than an N5. It really makes me wonder why, and the only explanation I have is that they simply don't know what a Nexus 5 is.

    Obviously, there are other reasons, but this seems to be the biggest.
    Jimmy Walker likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Nexus brand

    You know we sell the galaxy s3 for $300 at my kiosk, $50 more and they can get a nexus..yet they still buy the s3..Jesus!

    Posted via Android Central App
    rrballer11 likes this.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Nexus brand

    Quote Originally Posted by J00P24 View Post
    You know we sell the galaxy s3 for $300 at my kiosk, $50 more and they can get a nexus..yet they still buy the s3..Jesus!

    Posted via Android Central App
    A two year old phone is selling for just $50 less than an N5?! Wow! If they only knew!
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: Nexus brand

    Quote Originally Posted by frag06 View Post
    A two year old phone is selling for just $50 less than an N5?! Wow! If they only knew!
    Yep, it's $300 for tmo (off contract).

    Posted via Android Central App
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Nexus brand

    I stopped trying to explain Nexus. When asked about my phone, I just say it's made by Google. I'll elaborate if anyone is interested beyond that.

    Sent from my 20266 using Tapatalk
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Nexus brand

    Nexus rarely rings a bell to anyone, so I just refer to it as Google Phone.

    It's a good thing that people don't known about the Nexus. It's not a massive marketing jerk-off like Galaxy phones are and it's a pleasure for me to be able to enjoy a high-end pure-android phone without any bloatware at a ridiculously low price knowing people are forking their money for Galaxy phones and iPhones.
  10. #10  
    sdc1's Avatar

    Posts
    104 Posts
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts

    Default Re: Nexus brand

    I always feel a little bit smug when I use my Nexus. A couple of people have asked about it and I tell them it's a Google Nexus, but they generally aren't interested beyond that.

    Posted via Android Central App
  11. #11  
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Nexus brand

    I knew it.

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Nexus brand

    I was wondering if they were going to do away with the Nexus line. When I first heard the rumors, my initial response was that it would be a mistake. I think that the Nexus line has become an important staple in the mobile industry.


    Sent from my iPad Air. Simply better than the rest.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

    Default Re: Nexus brand

    Quote Originally Posted by dkhmwilliams View Post
    I was wondering if they were going to do away with the Nexus line. When I first heard the rumors, my initial response was that it would be a mistake. I think that the Nexus line has become an important staple in the mobile industry.


    Sent from my iPad Air. Simply better than the rest.
    I can't go back to using regular android phones from T-Mobile!!! I hate waiting for updates!

    Posted via Android Central App
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Nexus brand

    I get the same thing Samsung users think the Galaxy is stock and the best. I tell them if you're a real tech person you should know and use the Nexus brand devices.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
    MacBookPro, iPad, iPod. My go to device are Nexus5 and Nexus 7(2013).
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Nexus brand

    Isn't this big news? I'm surprised it isn't on the home page of AC.
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Nexus brand

    Quote Originally Posted by RealDogBoy View Post
    Isn't this big news? I'm surprised it isn't on the home page of AC.
    It's really big news, to me anyway. I think overall the Nexus 5 is the best phone on the planet and I'm glad I can continue to buy a Nexus in the future!
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Nexus brand

    When my well used (and well liked) Galaxy S2 died at the start of June I was in the market for another phone and initially didn't even consider the Nexus 5. Coincidentally, the local computer magazine to which I subscribe came out the very next day and had a fairly extensive test on 18 smartphones.

    When I read it through - numerous times - and looked at the different prices, as far as bang-for-buck it's hard to go past the Nexus 5. Yeah I'd sorta like a HTC One... but not for nearly twice the price. I'm extremely happy with my Nexus 5.

    So I wonder if Google should promote Nexus a bit more. If it hadn't been for that mag article...
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Nexus brand

    I know... With all the rumors of the Nexus line going away, I wasn't exactly pleased... But the Google big-wigs seemed pissed at the idea and finally commented on it.

    Can't wait to see what the next phone will bring... Something to look forward to I guess. Though, I love my 5 so much, I'll be quite conflicted.
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Nexus brand

    Quote Originally Posted by Aglet View Post
    So I wonder if Google should promote Nexus a bit more. If it hadn't been for that mag article...
    I'm guessing they are going to make a big push. Google seems to want to get things back under control a bit... As far as the look of android, the mysterious Android Silver line... The Nexus just might end up being treated as a true flagship.
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Nexus brand

    Quote Originally Posted by J00P24 View Post
    But its funny that most people think galaxy is android.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Just like people who think Ubuntu is Linux.

    We can't expect everyone to be as savvy as most people on android forums. We are enthusiasts, they are average people. Don't expect Joe Six Pack to educate himself about phone operating systems.
  22. #22  
    DroidDavi's Avatar

    Posts
    153 Posts
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10+Trinity

    Default Re: Nexus brand

    When I tell people I haven't signed a phones contract in years and I buy unlocked phones most have zero idea what I'm talking about. More people have heard of the N5 since its in stores opposed to the other nexus phones

    Posted via Android Central App
  23. #23  
    Evilnut's Avatar

    Posts
    334 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Nexus brand

    When I get asked what kind of tablet I have and tell people it's a Nexus 10, the most common question I get is wow, I've never heard of that when did it come out? When I tell them I bought it in October of 2012, they are amazed. Another thing people often say is that doesn't look like Android that I'm used to. And I tell them this is pure Android, no skin or modifications. Most of the time I get a question look back saying what do you mean skin or modifications?

    Posted via a beautiful Ebony backed Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10 using the totally awesome Android Central App
    Tim
    Droid 4
    Nexus 10
    Lapdock 500 Pro
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Nexus brand

    Quote Originally Posted by SwiftHax View Post
    Nexus rarely rings a bell to anyone, so I just refer to it as Google Phone.

    It's a good thing that people don't known about the Nexus. It's not a massive marketing jerk-off like Galaxy phones are and it's a pleasure for me to be able to enjoy a high-end pure-android phone without any bloatware at a ridiculously low price knowing people are forking their money for Galaxy phones and iPhones.
    But, if more people got the Nexus devices, it might help keep/lower the cost and make accessories for it more common...

    Most people I know who are big techies know that the Nexus lines exist, but not much more than that. Heck, I only know because I happend on a GNex at a store and did some research on it.
    Nexus 5 on Sprint
  25. #25  
    mogelijk's Avatar

    Posts
    60 Posts
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts

    Default Re: Nexus brand

    Quote Originally Posted by LeoRex View Post
    I know... With all the rumors of the Nexus line going away, I wasn't exactly pleased... But the Google big-wigs seemed pissed at the idea and finally commented on it.

    Can't wait to see what the next phone will bring... Something to look forward to I guess. Though, I love my 5 so much, I'll be quite conflicted.
    I was very skeptical that the Nexus line was going to be discontinued. It is Google's Development phone. In fact, with what they are doing with Android L, I think the Nexus line is going to be even more important. I'm guessing releasing the Developer Preview will be a success and Google will need Nexus devices in the future so that developers can text on the phones as new Development versions of Android are released.

    I suspect that the Silver devices will take the place of the GPE devices.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Nexus 7 wifi weirdness (another one!)
    By johnbury in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-24-2014, 10:25 AM
  2. Nexus 5 internet issue
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-24-2014, 02:31 AM
  3. Help nexus 7 stuck on the 4 bouncing ball animation !!!
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-22-2014, 12:22 AM
  4. Nexus 7 not showing up as a device
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-21-2014, 08:33 AM

Posting Permissions