Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Why are you back!!!!!!!

Sorry for the caps, but why is the mm-qcamera-daemon back again in 4.4.4 i thought they fixed it. Has anyone had this issue pop up again?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Why are you back!!!!!!!-screenshot_2014-06-23-21-25-04.jpg   Why are you back!!!!!!!-screenshot_2014-06-23-21-25-14.jpg  

Global Posts
    30,899 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Default Re: Why are you back!!!!!!!

Have you tried clearing cache in recovery?
    [GUIDE] Nexus 5 Recovery
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yes I have cleared the cache and nothing, still there.

I have not noticed it yet but will be keeping an eye for it. It plagued me in 4.4.2

Posted via Android Central App
    cbobb123 likes this.

Global Posts
    417 Global Posts

I actually never had encountered that battery drain bug on my Nexus 5
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I just took one picture and that is all

Quote Originally Posted by win465 View Post
    I just took one picture and that is all
    My battery at 98% in the morning from 100% last thing at night. No mention of the daemon thing in battery stats. I had it in 4.4.2 but not, AFAIK, in 4.4.3. Later I'll take some photos and see how 4.4.4 and daemon are for me.

It showed up after 4.4.4 for me too! Phone died super quick while hot yesterday. Snap chat makes the phone hot from the front top.

Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    Carrier
    4.3 unlocked and rooted

I took a bunch of photos and mine does not show that daemon at all.
    Axe

Carrier
    Reborn ROM, CM9 Touchpad

I thought I read somewhere that running process had to do with the camera icon being on the home screen or dock versus the drawer.

Carrier
    4.1.2 stock JB

remove Skype
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by skyrockett View Post
    remove Skype
    I don't have Skype download on my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    I thought I read somewhere that running process had to do with the camera icon being on the home screen or dock versus the drawer.
    Some say that. Some say it's due to apps that can use Camera.

...But of course:

"Some like to drink
    From a pint pot.
    Some like to think.
    Some not."

Surely there must be some serious phone geekoids among us who can understand the daemon thing?

Been battling this issue on my phone (32GB Nexus 5) for the last couple/few weeks now. My dad's phone (16GB Nexus 5) has had the issue much longer, I guess since 4.4.4 as I don't remember either phone having this issue prior to 4.4.4.

My dad's phone is basically stock - no extra camera apps, no Skype, etc. Pus he doesn't use the camera.

Strange thing is both phones only seem to have the issue after pulling them off their charger (Google or TYLT wireless or the factory wall charger) at which point mm-qcamera-daemon almost immediately pops up in the Battery stats and starts rapidly draining the battery. If the phone is restarted as soon as it is pulled of the charger (or if it is charged while off and turned on while off the charger) mm-qcamera-daemon seems to stay away.

Why are you back!!!!!!!-screenshot_2014-08-15-14-29-21.jpg

This is whats happens when I try to use the camera (stock camera app) once mm-qcamera-daemon appears under battery stats:
    Why are you back!!!!!!!-screenshot_2014-08-15-11-29-11.jpg

Anyone know if Google is still working on this issue or if they even care? Hopefully next major Android release fixes this?

Your screenshots and what you describe look to me like some app is sitting on the camera daemon and locks it (like a file opened for editing can't be opened by someone else).
    I got 4.4.4 and took a lot of pics (I like the photosphere thingy). I got Skype on my phone as well. Interestingly enough, I never ever saw the daemon show up in the battery listing and I've got no battery problem.
    I got more that 100 apps on my phone (ofc I only use a handful on a regular basis).

Therefore I think we can rule out KitKat per se, or the number of apps as a reason for this happening.
    I believe it is either some special app, some hardware defect or some combination of those...

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy1969 View Post
    Your screenshots and what you describe look to me like some app is sitting on the camera daemon and locks it (like a file opened for editing can't be opened by someone else).
    I got 4.4.4 and took a lot of pics (I like the photosphere thingy). I got Skype on my phone as well. Interestingly enough, I never ever saw the daemon show up in the battery listing and I've got no battery problem.
    I got more that 100 apps on my phone (ofc I only use a handful on a regular basis).

Therefore I think we can rule out KitKat per se, or the number of apps as a reason for this happening.
    I believe it is either some special app, some hardware defect or some combination of those...
    Only problem with that theory is I never recall seeing this issue until latest KitKat (certainly not to the extent where I'd set a 70+% charged phone down for a couple hrs only to find it off or showing a battery low warning when I come back) plus it's happening on two different N5 phones with very different usage patterns and apps installed.

Quote Originally Posted by glc650 View Post
    Only problem with that theory is I never recall seeing this issue until latest KitKat (certainly not to the extent where I'd set a 70+% charged phone down for a couple hrs only to find it off or showing a battery low warning when I come back) plus it's happening on two different N5 phones with very different usage patterns and apps installed.
    Well, then you are in a very good position to check, what apps are installed on both of them and use the camera daemon...
    Once youve identified all of them, You could deinstall one by one and see if the problem reoccurs.