Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Who else got the 4.4.4 OTA?

Got it yesterday evening. Haven't messed around with the phone enough to see any differences yet.

Global Posts
    1,190 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Who else got the 4.4.4 OTA?

Quote Originally Posted by mclasser View Post
    Got it yesterday evening. Haven't messed around with the phone enough to see any differences yet.

I have worn out clearing Google Services and attempting *#*#checkin#*#*, and nothing yet......

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckG73 View Post
    I have worn out clearing Google Services and attempting *#*#checkin#*#*, and nothing yet......
    It has long been decided that that is a useless exercise.

My wife's Nexus 4 had the notification this morning but it was not a good time to proceed with the update; will do it tonight. Meanwhile, my Nexus 5 is still waiting...
    tonyr6 likes this.

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts

I got it this morning. It was a small update, haven't noticed anything

Posted via Android Central App

Got it last night.. I notice snap chat makes the phone super hot now, that caused my battery to drain quick.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckG73 View Post
    Google Engineer Dan Morrill Sheds Some Light On The Nexus OTA Process, Urges You To Never Clear Google Service Framework Data

Google Engineer Dan Morrill Sheds Some Light On The Nexus OTA Process, Urges You To Never Clear Google Service Framework Data
    crxssi likes this.

I still am waiting on this up update. I have a nexus 5. I got the last update pretty quick. Why is it so slow this time.

Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.3 unlocked and rooted

My N5 got the update two days ago and my wife's N4 got it yesterday. Both updated just fine. I lost root but WugFresh came to the rescue and re-rooted both just fine.
    I have not had time to see what the real difference is. My N5 was working fine on .3 but the N4 was rebooting and messing up while she was using the camera on .3 . Time will tell I guess.
    Living in Puerto Vallarta with my wife and our 5 Kids, Atrix 4G, N4, N5, N7, N10 and a recently adopted MK908B.
    www.romamexico.com

I got it yesterday. Did not help with bugs from 4.4.3. In fact, made one bug worse. Keep getting pop up message "New SIM card installed. Reboot phone". Really? I got this 3 times in the first 5 minutes after the update. Was also randomly getting it with 4.4.3 along with the dropped data connection even though showing full LTE service.
    Pat

Galaxy Nexus 10 - stock KitKat 4.4.4
    Galaxy Nexus 7 (2nd Generation) - stock KitKat 4.4.4
    Chromecast
    Nexus 5 - stock KitKat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by patruns View Post
    I got it yesterday. Did not help with bugs from 4.4.3. In fact, made one bug worse. Keep getting pop up message "New SIM card installed. Reboot phone". Really? I got this 3 times in the first 5 minutes after the update. Was also randomly getting it with 4.4.3 along with the dropped data connection even though showing full LTE service.
    perhaps your SIM card is all bitched up and you need a new one? that's where i'd start.
    crxssi and Wolfroid like this.

I got the update yesterday. I haven't noticed any differences outside of the "4.4.4" designation in the phone settings.

They said that 4.4.4 was only a security update. So don't expect much for it. Watch the keynote tomorrow when a new version is announced!

I got it tonight, and I'm surprised because I usually get them last.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

Kind of annoyed I haven't gotten it yet. I received the OTA for 4.4.3 very quickly.

Got it today on the phone and my N7. When 4.4.3. rolled out I got it on the same day as well.

Posted from my Nexus 7 2013 via Android Central App
    --------------------------------------
    Nexus 5
    Nexus 7 2013

As far as I'm tracking it was just a small update for security. Haven't noticed much yet but make sure to clear your cache in the recovery after you update. I forgot to and my battery was dying even while plugged in with everything such as WiFi and location turned off.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Got it last night.. N5 and N4

I got it today and just noticed the time on my lock screen is in 24 hr format and I cannot figure out how to change it back to 12 hr format. It was fine until the 4.4.4 update.

UPDATED....

Never mind....I'm an *****. I checked everywhere but the Date / Time. Doh!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by zrxoa1; 06-25-2014 at 12:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post

Thank you for sharing. This sort of insider info is always interesting.

Got mine 2 days ago. Haven't decided if it improves anything yet.

Posted via somewhere!

Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.3 unlocked and rooted

I have noticed a couple of times now on both our N4 and N5 that both the WiFi and Cel Service icons went orange and there was not connection. Turning on then off Airplane mode seemed to fix it just fine. I am hoping this is not a bug. Other than that it works just fine and battery life is real good on both phones.
    Living in Puerto Vallarta with my wife and our 5 Kids, Atrix 4G, N4, N5, N7, N10 and a recently adopted MK908B.
    www.romamexico.com

Global Posts
    345 Global Posts

Got it on my N4 the other day....it's just security fixes, so probably not anything you'll ever notice

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

My Nexus 5's battery life was up to 40 hours, then 4.4.3 came out and I'm down to 10 to 14 hours, I was hoping that when 4.4.4 came out, it would fix the battery life issue, however, I'm still around 10 to 14 hours. good battery life, but I would be happy if is lasted 20 hours Anyone have the same issue?

I got it yesterday and it seems to have affected my Wi-Fi connectivity, but I could be wrong. I'm having trouble connecting to a Wi-Fi range extender and being able to actually use the network. Other than that it seems largely unchanged.

Everyone can chill out a little... the changelogs for 4.4.4 are all basically security fixes. There was an OpenSSL bug that was found/announced/fixed back in the beginning of June and wasn't included in 4.4.3.

I don't see anything in 4.4.4 that anyone would notice unless you are in the software security industry and you like to test your phone for vulnerabilities on a hourly basis. It's only like 2.5MBs worth of stuff in there.... there's no need to rush out and get it.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast