Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SwiftHax
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 5 vibration

I've had my Nexus 5 for a couple of weeks and from the day one I've noticed that from time to time it stopped vibrating for short periods of time. Then after a couple of seconds, or even a minute it would start up again. It does that at least once or twice a day.

Is there a fix or something or should I contact my retailer for a replacement???

Default Re: Nexus 5 vibration

Are you referring to the haptic feedback, the small vibration felt and heard when pressing? If so, mine stopped yesterday for the duration of a few words when I was texting, then returned to normal. No idea why. Only time it's happened.

Posted via Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Didn't even know it was called that Yes, I was talking about haptic feedback. It's kind of irritating, but not that big of a problem to me and everything else with the phone is fine, but I fear that over the time it might go worse and I might have problems when selling it in the future.

Could this possibly be a software bug? As far as vibration intensity goes, it's the same compared to one of my friend's N5.

Edit: I'll try doing some test like putting my phone still on a surface once vibration stops and see if it starts back up on it's own which if it did, possibly could be an indicator that it's the software. I will also try rebooting it and will post all the results here.
    exkerZ likes this.

The only possible connection I could think of was that I'd received the 4.4.4 system update a day or two before, but since you've had the problem for two weeks, long before the update, it's probably not the culprit. I can't say the prospect of it possibly recurring troubles me, considering the far worse, and disabling, faults that users experience.

Posted via Android Central App
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I've had the issue since I got the phone which had 4.4.2 installed. Both 4.4.3 and 4.4.4 didn't fix it, although it seems like it's occuring much less often now when I'm on 4.4.4

I think I'll just have to wait and see. If it's truly the hardware, I might have trouble replacing it as it's reoccurring.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Ok, for the last 2 days it happened once, but today it started to reappear, had it stop for 5 times or even more :O lol, just happened again as I was writing the last sentence.

There are a couple of people who seem to be having the same problem on the Internet and as some suggested that it may be because of poor contacting of the Nexus vibration motor and after I shake the device or tap the back fairly strongly, the vibration comes back.

Its happening more often now though, so I'm thinking of contacting the retailer and maybe seeking a replacement.

If they don't give me one, meh. It's not that much of a problem, but if I can get it replaced, should I not?

For me it was Instagram eating up my battery. I had to stop it from running in the background every time I used it. What a pain in the ***. 4.4.3 in my opinion is horrible on managing apps running in the background and task killing.