Official Nexus 5 Android L Thread

gidgiddonihah

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I didn't see another thread so I thought I should throw one up there for Nexus 5 users. Feel free to share your thoughts, concerns, bugs, etc. I plan on organizing this into a list of bugs and requested features if there isn't already something like this here.

Verified means that I have two or more people that have reported the problem. Unverified means that I just have one person that has reported the problem.

Bugs
Verified
*MMS will not send on AT&T (APN changes do nothing - please let me know if other carriers have this issue)
*Somewhat laggy here and there

Unverified
*Buggy (Disappearing, etc) Drop Down Toggles
*Tweetcaster Pro Crashes Constantly
*HDR+ is slow. Almost twice as long as KitKat
*Tethering is buggy. Client will not connect and data connection becomes unusable until airplane mode is toggled (no access but icons are white)
*Cell Radio seems a bit buggy - time without signal is higher than it should be

Last edited:

GoBucks811

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Re: Official Nexus 5 Android L Thread?

I also noticed the AT&T MMS bug. The wifi, bluetooth, airplane mode, etc toggles in the notification pull down seem a little wonky for me too. A few of them randomly will not show up, and then reappear on the next pull down.

gidgiddonihah

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site

I also noticed the AT&T MMS bug. The wifi, bluetooth, airplane mode, etc toggles in the notification pull down seem a little wonky for me too. A few of them randomly will not show up, and then reappear on the next pull down.

I haven't noticed that, but I will stick it up there. I believe you :p.

jweimn

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

The texting issue may not be related to L as their is another thread now o this issue with people running 4.4. Seems like it's a hangouts issue maybe

Simon Giles

May 10, 2013
Visit site

I don't have another working phone in my house, is everyone able to receive calls OK?

Posted via Android Central App

ImTheDerek

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site

I just installed L on my Nexus 5. I have no lock screen (power button turns phone on/off thats it), the pull down menu will only come down about half an icon, and my home button doesnt do anything. Anyone else have this issue?

*Edit: I did a factory reset from the settings menu and that fixed it. Well that was weird...

Last edited:

gidgiddonihah

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site

The texting issue may not be related to L as their is another thread now o this issue with people running 4.4. Seems like it's a hangouts issue maybe

I don't think it is a Hangouts issue. I have tried Textra, EvolveSMS, and Hangouts. None of them will do MMS. SMS goes through just fine.

I don't have another working phone in my house, is everyone able to receive calls OK?

I just had someone call me. Went through just fine. I have made several calls with no problem.

I just installed L on my Nexus 5. I have no lock screen (power button turns phone on/off thats it), the pull down menu will only come down about half an icon, and my home button doesnt do anything. Anyone else have this issue?

Sounds like a bad flash. I would try the Flash-All script again and see if it fixes the problem. Other than MMS, L is stable enough to be a daily driver. In almost 12 hours I have only had three crashes: one was the UI, one was Hangouts being Hangouts (crashed very occasionally in 4.4.X), and one was the MLB At Bat app which doesn't like ART - crashed in 4.4.X as well in ART. Everything else works like a charm and I am loving it! I can't wait for the next release to see what happens :D.

lornaevo

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Twitter app crashes. Mailbox says no internet connection. So I'm unable to log into mailbox

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

gidgiddonihah

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
One thing I have noticed is that the WiFi radio got a lot stronger or the new streaming system they were showing off works really well. I stream music from Spotify while I mow the yard and there are several spots where the signal would be weak enough it wouldn't play. Both the N5 on KitKat and my old S2 struggled with this. It's most likely my really bad router but today it didn't pause once.

gidgiddonihah

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Does the camera work?
Does MMS work with Sprint?
How's battery life?

Thanks guys.
1. Camera works fine. HDR+ is really slow though. I'm not sure what's up. I need to add that to my list. Normal mode takes pictures quickly and HDR+ still looks good.
2. MMS doesn't work with AT&T. Not sure about Sprint. I have tried different APN settings, MMS APN settings, texting apps, toggled airplane mode, and rebooted all with no effect. You could always backup and try L out. If MMS doesn't work you can switch back.
3. Haven't done a more scientific test but battery life is similar enough to KitKat that I haven't noticed a big difference - this is the first beta though so I bet that battery life should go upwards quite a bit before release. I will update in a couple of days when I have more time with it.

bjrosen

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Have they added any kind of split screen support? That's the thing that's missing from standard Android (HTC and Samsung have it in there versions so is possible).

bleached

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I have noticed a couple bugs.

-Notifications are not interactive when you have the settings menu expanded.
-The visual end of list thing doesn't fully disappear. It stays slightly visible.
-Random app issues.
-Bluetooth wouldn't see my car, but was OK with my headset.

That is all I have seen so far.

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Android L isn't out yet and it will be 64-bit enabled.

Android 4.4.4 is still KitKat. All 4.4.4 did was 4.4.4

June 19, 2014---CVE-2014-0224 fixed, eliminating an OpenSSL man-in-the-middle vulnerability.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
ARG..... I was hoping that one of these days the Google Location Services consent window would magically disappear and never return again.

Sadly, it looks like Google is keeping it around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678