Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

I didn't see another thread so I thought I should throw one up there for Nexus 5 users. Feel free to share your thoughts, concerns, bugs, etc. I plan on organizing this into a list of bugs and requested features if there isn't already something like this here.

Verified means that I have two or more people that have reported the problem. Unverified means that I just have one person that has reported the problem.

Bugs
    Verified
    *MMS will not send on AT&T (APN changes do nothing - please let me know if other carriers have this issue)
    *Somewhat laggy here and there

Unverified
    *Buggy (Disappearing, etc) Drop Down Toggles
    *Tweetcaster Pro Crashes Constantly
    *HDR+ is slow. Almost twice as long as KitKat
    *Tethering is buggy. Client will not connect and data connection becomes unusable until airplane mode is toggled (no access but icons are white)
    *Cell Radio seems a bit buggy - time without signal is higher than it should be
    Last edited by gidgiddonihah; 06-28-2014 at 08:51 PM.
    -Retired -
    8GB Toshiba Thrive
    AT&T Apple iPhone 3G
    AT&T Samsung Galaxy S2 SGH-i777

-Current-
    Google Nexus 5 32GB Black
    Apple iPad 4 64GB Black
    Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    7,183 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Default Re: Official Nexus 5 Android L Thread

Default Re: Official Nexus 5 Android L Thread?

I also noticed the AT&T MMS bug. The wifi, bluetooth, airplane mode, etc toggles in the notification pull down seem a little wonky for me too. A few of them randomly will not show up, and then reappear on the next pull down.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by GoBucks811 View Post
    I also noticed the AT&T MMS bug. The wifi, bluetooth, airplane mode, etc toggles in the notification pull down seem a little wonky for me too. A few of them randomly will not show up, and then reappear on the next pull down.
    I haven't noticed that, but I will stick it up there. I believe you .
    -Retired -
    8GB Toshiba Thrive
    AT&T Apple iPhone 3G

-Current-
    Apple iPad 4 64GB Black

Global Posts
    889 Global Posts
    ROM
    Decks

A bit laggy here and tweetcaster pro crashes continuously.

Global Posts
    370 Global Posts

The texting issue may not be related to L as their is another thread now o this issue with people running 4.4. Seems like it's a hangouts issue maybe

I don't have another working phone in my house, is everyone able to receive calls OK?

Posted via Android Central App

I just installed L on my Nexus 5. I have no lock screen (power button turns phone on/off thats it), the pull down menu will only come down about half an icon, and my home button doesnt do anything. Anyone else have this issue?

*Edit: I did a factory reset from the settings menu and that fixed it. Well that was weird...
    Last edited by ImTheDerek; 06-27-2014 at 01:03 AM.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by jweimn View Post
    The texting issue may not be related to L as their is another thread now o this issue with people running 4.4. Seems like it's a hangouts issue maybe
    I don't think it is a Hangouts issue. I have tried Textra, EvolveSMS, and Hangouts. None of them will do MMS. SMS goes through just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Giles View Post
    I don't have another working phone in my house, is everyone able to receive calls OK?

I just had someone call me. Went through just fine. I have made several calls with no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by ImTheDerek View Post
    I just installed L on my Nexus 5. I have no lock screen (power button turns phone on/off thats it), the pull down menu will only come down about half an icon, and my home button doesnt do anything. Anyone else have this issue?
    Sounds like a bad flash. I would try the Flash-All script again and see if it fixes the problem. Other than MMS, L is stable enough to be a daily driver. In almost 12 hours I have only had three crashes: one was the UI, one was Hangouts being Hangouts (crashed very occasionally in 4.4.X), and one was the MLB At Bat app which doesn't like ART - crashed in 4.4.X as well in ART. Everything else works like a charm and I am loving it! I can't wait for the next release to see what happens .
    -Retired -
    8GB Toshiba Thrive
    AT&T Apple iPhone 3G

-Current-
    Apple iPad 4 64GB Black

Global Posts
    889 Global Posts
    ROM
    Decks

Twitter app crashes. Mailbox says no internet connection. So I'm unable to log into mailbox

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

One thing I have noticed is that the WiFi radio got a lot stronger or the new streaming system they were showing off works really well. I stream music from Spotify while I mow the yard and there are several spots where the signal would be weak enough it wouldn't play. Both the N5 on KitKat and my old S2 struggled with this. It's most likely my really bad router but today it didn't pause once.
    -Retired -
    8GB Toshiba Thrive
    AT&T Apple iPhone 3G

-Current-
    Apple iPad 4 64GB Black

Does the camera work?
    Does MMS work with Sprint?
    How's battery life?

Thanks guys.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Quote Originally Posted by ronnienyc View Post
    Does the camera work?
    Does MMS work with Sprint?
    How's battery life?

Thanks guys.
    1. Camera works fine. HDR+ is really slow though. I'm not sure what's up. I need to add that to my list. Normal mode takes pictures quickly and HDR+ still looks good.
    2. MMS doesn't work with AT&T. Not sure about Sprint. I have tried different APN settings, MMS APN settings, texting apps, toggled airplane mode, and rebooted all with no effect. You could always backup and try L out. If MMS doesn't work you can switch back.
    3. Haven't done a more scientific test but battery life is similar enough to KitKat that I haven't noticed a big difference - this is the first beta though so I bet that battery life should go upwards quite a bit before release. I will update in a couple of days when I have more time with it.
    -Retired -
    8GB Toshiba Thrive
    AT&T Apple iPhone 3G

-Current-
    Apple iPad 4 64GB Black
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    240 Global Posts

Have they added any kind of split screen support? That's the thing that's missing from standard Android (HTC and Samsung have it in there versions so is possible).

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

I have noticed a couple bugs.

-Notifications are not interactive when you have the settings menu expanded.
    -The visual end of list thing doesn't fully disappear. It stays slightly visible.
    -Random app issues.
    -Bluetooth wouldn't see my car, but was OK with my headset.

That is all I have seen so far.

Android L isn't out yet and it will be 64-bit enabled.

Android 4.4.4 is still KitKat. All 4.4.4 did was 4.4.4

June 19, 2014---CVE-2014-0224 fixed, eliminating an OpenSSL man-in-the-middle vulnerability.

ARG..... I was hoping that one of these days the Google Location Services consent window would magically disappear and never return again.

Sadly, it looks like Google is keeping it around.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Quote Originally Posted by Shilohcane View Post
    Android L isn't out yet and it will be 64-bit enabled.

Android 4.4.4 is still KitKat. All 4.4.4 did was 4.4.4

June 19, 2014---CVE-2014-0224 fixed, eliminating an OpenSSL man-in-the-middle vulnerability.
    The beta (AKA Developer Preview) came out yesterday.

Official Nexus 5 Android L Thread-uploadfromtaptalk1403900178028.jpg
    -Retired -
    8GB Toshiba Thrive
    AT&T Apple iPhone 3G

-Current-
    Apple iPad 4 64GB Black
    Thanked by:

Poweramp Kitkat skin doesn't work, constantly keeps crashing.

MMS doesn't work on emobile, Japan.

Notifications are not interactive if you expand the quick toggles.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

I am considering moving back to 4.4.4 until the next release. I just looked and according to the battery stats I spent 7% of my day without signal. Granted I did play around with airplane mode for a few so a few percentage points goes to that, but I should be sitting at 0, or almost. MMS not working is also disappointing and Spotify seems to really hate Android L. For those curious, battery life is right around what I would have gotten stock 4.4.4. It doesn't come close to my tweaked out Franco build.
    -Retired -
    8GB Toshiba Thrive
    AT&T Apple iPhone 3G

-Current-
    Apple iPad 4 64GB Black

hello,
    i installed android L developers version yesterday. ITs all smooth with a few minor hitches. I cant seem to find the android L keyboard. The voice recognition for" ok Google" is far less sensitive. At times you have to say it right into the mic. lol...
    The speed dial/ dialer screen pops up everytime I unlock my phone, despite closing it, it pops up everytime. Its a bug for sure.
    Lastly, and more importantly , I cant receive calls!!! Ridiculous!!! The phone rings but I cant find the screen to accept calls, and yes if any app is running at the time of the phone ringing, that app hangs temporarily.

Thank you.
    I hope someone can let me know if google will have OTA updates for developers for L, or like patches from the net for these bugs.

Samar Yajurvedi

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

If you swipe up it unlocks the phone normally. If you swipe to the left it opens the camera and if you swipe to the right it opens the phone. Are you always swiping to the right?

I am facing an issue with whatsapp on my N5 with 4.4.4. I installed it initially and was working fine. But, after few messages it stopped sending or receiving messages. It is showing message- /unble to connect to internet'. I changed from dalvik to ART but still the problem persisted. Now i am back on dalvik and still no whatsapp. I have uninstalled and installed a number of times but it was of no use. Please help me with this problem. I am having a working data connection. I even did a factory reset but of no use.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast