Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Google Search (Okay Google everywhere)

Why has Google not turned on this feature for me yet...
    I have a Nexus 4...
    Side loaded Google Play services and Search...
    Waited a few days. Still no option to turn this feature on.
    Very annoying!

Default Re: Google Search (Okay Google everywhere)

Yeah it will probably be awhile. I've done the same thing, with no luck either. I did have it briefly after clearing my Google search data but I couldn't set it up at the time and when I could (5 hours later) it was gone. Tried to reproduce it but it never came back.

Posted via Android Central App
    Google4Lifee likes this.

Server side thing Google has to initiate. The side loading the apk will do nothing!

Posted via NSA Spy Van 37...... Free candy??

Quote Originally Posted by maverick7526 View Post
    Server side thing Google has to initiate. The side loading the apk will do nothing!

Posted via NSA Spy Van 37...... Free candy??
    I just downloaded the apk from here com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox-3.5.14.1234234.arm.apk | com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox-3.5.14.1234234.arm.apk | by Android Police for Generic Device and used apk installer to easily get it going. I turned off ok google search before installing. Went back to turn it on, and there was extra features available. Btw, you can't just install it and expect it to work, you need to enable it first.

I went my google cards area, and then to the bottom where the 3 dots are. Click settings, then "OK Google" Detection. There you will see boxes that need to be checked. Voila! OK Google anywhere.

And for the rest of you that are annoyed that it's not released yet to everyone, relax. It's probably not ready for OTA yet. It works for some, others not so much. More work obviously needs to be done.
    jvai likes this.