Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted 4.2.1

Default Wifi turns off when I get a phone call

Is it just me or does WiFi turn off when you get an incoming phone call? When I am at home, I am hooked up to wifi. When I get a call on my N5, I can see the wifi disconnect, it connects to LTE, then the phone rings. When I hang up, WiFi will reconnect.
  2. Best Answer

After a little more monkeying around, it seems to have to do with Tasker. I have Tasker setup to connect to wifi when I get close to my house. If it is enabled, wifi disconnects on incoming calls. If I disable it, wifi stays on.

Default Re: Wifi turns off when I get a phone call

Doesn't happen with my N5 - I just checked to confirm.

Are you running stock? Custom ROM/Kernel/Dialer?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted 4.2.1

After a little more monkeying around, it seems to have to do with Tasker. I have Tasker setup to connect to wifi when I get close to my house. If it is enabled, wifi disconnects on incoming calls. If I disable it, wifi stays on.

Quote Originally Posted by kgeissler View Post
    Interesting.

I use Tasker as well, but not quite in the same way. I have Wi-Fi on all the time and it automatically connects to my home or office Wi-Fi whenever I am in range. I then use Tasker tasks to adjust some settings (ringtone and media volumes, for example) whenever I connect to one of those networks.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by kgeissler View Post
    How are you checking to see if you are "close to home"? Depending on the way you are doing that, when a call comes in, it may be causing tasker to think that you have switched location
    For example, if you are connected to LTE, and you get a call, your phone (if on Sprint at least) may temporarily switch to the 3g network (due to eCFSB) to accept the call, and if your tasker profile is using your cell tower identifier to determine your location, that may be cause the issue.