Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Who to contact about faulty Nexus 5

Do I contact LG or Google? My touchscreen keyboard doesn't work and when I try to navigate the slidebar for playing music it acts like nothing has been pressed. So obviously I want replacement, it's been around 8 months or so since I bought the phone.
  2. Best Answer

Quote Originally Posted by KLIMAXX View Post
    Do I contact LG or Google? My touchscreen keyboard doesn't work and when I try to navigate the slidebar for playing music it acts like nothing has been pressed. So obviously I want replacement, it's been around 8 months or so since I bought the phone.
    For Nexus devices direct support go here: https://support.google.com/nexus/?hl=en#topic=3415518

You can find the direct Nexus phone number to call and discuss your problem. Before you call, you should make sure that you have recently backed up anything on your phone's virtual sd card (like photos or music/custom ringtones to a PC because the first thing they are going to do is have you perform a hard reset, even if you tell them you already have. Call them from a phone that is not you cell phone. If the problem is still there after the hard reset, they will set you up to RMA the phone.

Default Re: Who to contact about faulty Nexus 5

Did you buy it direct from Google? if so I would contact them.

Default Re: Who to contact about faulty Nexus 5

For Nexus devices direct support go here: https://support.google.com/nexus/?hl=en#topic=3415518

You can find the direct Nexus phone number to call and discuss your problem. Before you call, you should make sure that you have recently backed up anything on your phone's virtual sd card (like photos or music/custom ringtones to a PC because the first thing they are going to do is have you perform a hard reset, even if you tell them you already have. Call them from a phone that is not you cell phone. If the problem is still there after the hard reset, they will set you up to RMA the phone.