Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    ROM
    Rooted/Unlocked Stk 4.4.3

Default Cast Screen

Cast Screen just became an option on my phone toggles. This is not the Mirror app beta as I uninstalled it via Titanium Backup when they announced mirroring with Chromecast at I/O. Anyone else see this?

Sent from my Nexus 5
    [making a phone so big] "you can't get your hand around it"[ helps, but that] "no one's going to buy that." - Steve Jobs

“The reason we [won't] make a 7-inch tablet isn’t because we don’t want to hit [a lower] price point,” Jobs said. “It’s because we think the screen is too small to express the software. As a software driven company, we think about the software strategies first.” - again, Steve Jobs

Global Posts
    1,459 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Cast Screen

Yes, I posted this same question last week. It is there and in the settings but at the moment does not work.''
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    ROM

It appears they are slowly adding this functionality via Google Play Services update.

Sent from my Nexus 5
    [making a phone so big] "you can't get your hand around it"[ helps, but that] "no one's going to buy that." - Steve Jobs

“The reason we [won't] make a 7-inch tablet isn’t because we don’t want to hit [a lower] price point,” Jobs said. “It’s because we think the screen is too small to express the software. As a software driven company, we think about the software strategies first.” - again, Steve Jobs

At this point only Apps can cast to Chromecast. I tested the App "Galery Cast Free" last week on my Nexus 5 and cast pictures to my HDTV via a Chromecast.

"Cast Screen" button appearing in Android Quick Settings for some users
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    ROM

Weird the cast screen option went away. I guess it is not fully ready yet.

Posted via Android Central App