Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    888 Global Posts
    ROM
    Decks

Default Android L to Kit Kat.

What's the procedure for going back to Kit Kat. I love L but the battery dies extremely fast with Google Maps and it overheats.

Default Re: Android L to Kit Kat.

Flash back 4.4.4

Posted via Android Central App

Research the MultiROM application. It is basically a dual-boot tool.

Provided you have the storage... you can keep BOTH KK and L on your phone and switch at will.... hell, if you have the storage, you can as many different ROMs as you like.

Plus... with MultiROM, you can try out a new ROM (like L) without so much as rustling a hair on your primary ROMs head. That's where I'm at currently. I have my main, daily driver KK ROM loaded as my primary... and the L preview loaded on a seconday slot that I can boot into if I want to play around with it.

Quote Originally Posted by LeoRex View Post
    Research the MultiROM application. It is basically a dual-boot tool.

Provided you have the storage... you can keep BOTH KK and L on your phone and switch at will.... hell, if you have the storage, you can as many different ROMs as you like.
    Plus... with MultiROM, you can try out a new ROM (like L) without so much as rustling a hair on your primary ROMs head. That's where I'm at currently. I have my main, daily driver KK ROM loaded as my primary... and the L preview loaded on a seconday slot that I can boot into if I want to play around with it.
    Hey LeoRex can you check your private messages, thanks.

Global Posts
    238 Global Posts

What's the procedure for installing L with MultiROM? When I try to do it Multirom says that the installation failed. Here is what I did,
    My system is already rooted so I installed MultiRom from the Play store. I copied the L zip file to my download folder then rebooted into recovery. I then tried to install the L zip file, it failed. Have I missed a step or is it failing for another reason? BTW I have XPosed Framework on my system, could that be the reason that MultiRom fails. In 4.4.4 I can't switch to ART because Xposed is installed.