Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree31Likes
  • 8 Post By jdk2
  • 2 Post By mclasser
  • 2 Post By Kaido
  • 4 Post By jball32
  • 7 Post By ptkelly
  • 2 Post By Macklesdaddy
  • 1 Post By maverick7526
  • 2 Post By jball32
  • 1 Post By EnigmaticPsychotic
  • 2 Post By isdaako
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    ROM
    Paranoid Android 3.6 HALO

Angry So um yeah nexus 5 water damaged with liquor beer wine urine vomit

Was at my prom party, like last 8 - 9 days ago and I ended up vomiting due to the amount of alcohol I had had. So, I was in the hospital somehow, when I woke up I immediately emptied my pockets to save the money and cards and my phone and wallet, then I saw it was wet, like really wet, even the inside of the case was wet, so I immediately took it out of the case, then put it in a bag of rice as soon as I got home, and left it for 7 days.

Yesterday I took it out and left it on the cold air vent in my room, since it blows nice cold air, and then left it for like 24 hours.

Came home today, tried plugging it into the PC, wall plug, nothing....

So decided to open the back, fully knowning itll void warranty, but I was sure it was already water damaged, so I just said **** it.

Opened it up, cleaned the whole thing with distilled water on a brush, (never soaked any parts in anything), and then dried it up with a hair dryer on cold max air, and then used lowest heat setting to dry off each and every part, then checked every part over for moisture or anything, and found none, wiped off the connectors one last time, then put everything back together, and made sure I left nothing unplugged or unconnected.

Plugged it into the PC 10 minutes ago, nothing... plugged it into the wall plug, nothing...

So, I'm just gonna leave it plugged in for a while, maybe a whole day, and if nothing happens or lights up (LED), I guess I will just have to sell it or trade it in...

But if anyone has any other ideas,please let me know!!!

But how the water damaged occured I guess, (from what I remember)

First drank a like 750ml of whiskey, but gave like 3 shots away, so like 600ml I had
    Then 12 beers, bud lights I believe it was (tasted so bad, first time having beer, nastiest thing ever, ill stick to palm bay)
    Then I started throwing up all over my shirt/pants, but never even thought about my phone at all once
    Then somehow ended up in hospital, nurse told me I had 2 full IV bags, and 4 litres of water while I was there in like 4 hours, so she said I probably pissed myself like 3 times

So then I got home and checked and everything like I explained above...

So now idk what to do D:

I've been eyeing that OnePlus One, but I still love my Nexus, we've been through so much...

Lost it in the snow, twice, in one week, for 2 hours each time, (still worked FINE), got it wet in the rain, still worked fine, like 8 times

Last week, just some whiskey and beer and water... damn in like 30 minutes it was done I'm guessing...

Any help is appreciated!
    dev chaube, 17 y/o tech enthusiast
    changing the world by switching over one friend from iphone to android at a time

Global Posts
    860 Global Posts

Default Re: So um yeah nexus 5 water damaged with liquor beer wine urine vomit

Quote Originally Posted by devchaube15 View Post
    So now idk what to do D:
    It sounds like you need to get your underage drinking under control.
    Thanked by:
    vjh425 

Sent from my Note 10.1 via Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails So um yeah nexus 5 water damaged with liquor beer wine urine vomit-img-thing.jpg  

I hope no one ends up buying it
    LegalAmerican and tr-1 like this.

Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB 7/19 build

Cool story. I remember my first beer.

Posted via Android Central App
    Nexus running .............
    Coming from a 2 1/2 year old BB Tour

Quote Originally Posted by BaMaDuDe87 View Post
    Cool story. I remember my first beer.

I remember as a teen passing out from one wine cooler.

Posted from my Nexus 5 via Android Central App

Is this an all out everything goes forum?
    Own up and buy a new phone and maybe paying full boat for a phone again will help you treat it better.

Nexus 5 via Tapatalk

I was a cop for thirty years. Every year we had a couple of kids die from alcohol overdose and our county wasn't large. Telling parents their kid is dead really sucks. If you were in the hospital, you came close. Buy a new cell phone and quit drinking.

Wink Re: So um yeah nexus 5 water damaged with liquor beer wine urine vomit

You don't need a phone,you need Dr Drew
    Thanked by:
    tr-1 and ianhanson85 like this.

Hey let's not be judgemental. We've all done stupid stuff when we were kids. Or does everyone have "selective memory?"

Posted via NSA Spy Van 37...... Free candy??

Quote Originally Posted by maverick7526 View Post
    Hey let's not be judgemental. We've all done stupid stuff when we were kids. Or does everyone have "selective memory?"

Yes but have we created a thread to waste space on our life mistakes? His problem is an easy fix by buying a new phone

Nexus 5 via Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    md308 
    LegalAmerican and Iggymart like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jball32 View Post
    Yes but have we created a thread to waste space on our life mistakes? His problem is an easy fix by buying a new phone

Nexus 5 via Tapatalk
    Exactly.

13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    ROM

thanks for replying to a thread without adding anything useful to most of you ^

also, after leaving it to dry individually again, ITS ALIVEEEEEEE

Everything is still there as normal, only problem was the first time it booted it froze, so i had to reboot it, and it worked! ill update if any problem comes later, but so far after 11-12 hours, nothing wrong!
    changing the world by switching over one friend from iphone to android at a time

Sorry but there's just not much support for a self inflicted non firmware/software issue .if you think we've been hard you wouldn't like most of the comments on XDA if you started a thread just for this type of issue

What ROM are you running anyways?

Nexus 5 via Tapatalk
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    ROM

Im running the paranoid android ROM, with stock kernel, i know it wasn't updated to the latest one through their OTA updates since I usually leave updates till the end of the month

I'm on Unitato v1.6 combined with Franco r55 .I looked at Paranoid I just can't get over how long its been "beta" so I don't run it.

Nexus 5 via Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by devchaube15 View Post
    thanks for replying to a thread without adding anything useful to most of you ^

also, after leaving it to dry individually again, ITS ALIVEEEEEEE

Everything is still there as normal, only problem was the first time it booted it froze, so i had to reboot it, and it worked! ill update if any problem comes later, but so far after 11-12 hours, nothing wrong!
    Do a nandroid backup of that NOW and store it somewhere off the phone, just in case.
    Nexus 5 on Sprint

Quote Originally Posted by maverick7526 View Post

Not once in my whole life have I been so irresponsible that I ended up in the hospital from drinking too much and vomited, urinated, and whatever else he said he did, all over myself. There comes a time when you have to stop being stupid and grow up. He put all of this out there, so we're commenting on it. For him, that time sounds like it was quite a while ago. He asked for help, and realistically the only help he needs is AA because no amount of fixing his phone will help him when he dies from Alcohol Poisoning the next time he thinks it's cool to be out of control.
    Droid Bionic>Droid Razr Maxx>Verizon Galaxy S3>T-Mobile Galaxy S3, Nexus 5, Samsung Galaxy Note 4, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

Global Posts
    325 Global Posts

Yea I think its safe to say you voided your warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by ptkelly View Post
    I was a cop for thirty years. Every year we had a couple of kids die from alcohol overdose and our county wasn't large. Telling parents their kid is dead really sucks. If you were in the hospital, you came close. Buy a new cell phone and quit drinking.
    I myself am a big fan of natural selection.
    Nexus 5 - Unlocked bootloader - Rooted - L Preview Build
    Samsung Chromebook - Chrome OS - Ubuntu dual boot

Previous:
    Nexus 4 - Unlocked Bootloader- Rooted - Stock
    HTC Inspire 4G - Unlocked Bootloader - Rooted - GB ASOP
    Wiley_11 likes this.

Global Posts
    296 Global Posts

It's funny that the OP thinks all those fluids were his.

Global Posts
    2,932 Global Posts
    ROM
    Perma-rooted and unlocked

Sounds like a $450 lesson to me.

ROM
    4.1.2 stock JB

eeehh... throw it in the garbage