Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default PC does not recognize Nexus 5

I'm trying to transfer some photos from my Nexus 5 to my PC. I've attached the Nexus 5 via USB. The Nexus 5 charges. The PC does not recognize the Nexus 5. Prior to the latest Android update I was able to successfully transfer music to and from the Nexus 5 using the USB connection. I made sure Media device (MTP) was selected under USB connection. Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions?

Global Posts
    9,082 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: PC does not recognize Nexus 5

Quote Originally Posted by nelhop View Post
    I'm trying to transfer some photos from my Nexus 5 to my PC. I've attached the Nexus 5 via USB. The Nexus 5 charges. The PC does not recognize the Nexus 5. Prior to the latest Android update I was able to successfully transfer music to and from the Nexus 5 using the USB connection. I made sure Media device (MTP) was selected under USB connection. Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions?
    Try another USB port. Also, are the appropriate drivers installed or updated?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by:
    nelhop 

Also, go into developer settings and make sure USB debugging is turned off. A friend had this problem and took forever to figure out .
    Thanked by:
    nelhop 
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks.
    All USB ports behaved the same way but you gave me an idea. I changed from the thin cable provided by Google to a thicker one I had from some other device. The different cable solved the problem.