- 1 Posts
Very Strange Nexus 5 Problems. Lock screen error?
My Nexus 5 has been acting a bit odd lately. So for the last month or so my Nexus 5 has decided it wants to restart itself randomly. Yesterday my phone dialed two people on my recent call log, app tile locations were moved or deleted off my homepage and a random letter email to a random letter email address was sent. Additionally two random downloads titled Servicelogin.html and releases.cfm were downloaded. The strangest thing is that I have a passcode lock on my phone so an accidental **** dial seems unlikely. I was scared I had some insane malware or something so I did a factory data reset and have had my phone off since. Everything is stock and I don't download any apps really. Any help would be really appreciated
- 07-07-2014, 09:54 PM #2
Re: Very Strange Nexus 5 Problems. Lock screen error?
Welcome to Android Central! Were those downloaded files in the Downloads app/folder? Those are unlikely to be malware, since typical Android malware involves an app that has to be installed, rather than some file that is downloaded as a drive-by.
If you did a factory data reset, you should be ok. I would start the phone up, and then when you're through the setup wizard, go immediately to Settings>Backup & Reset, and uncheck "Automatic Restore" to make sure none of your previously installed apps automatically gets reinstalled. Then start installing your usual apps one by one, and see if any of that odd behavior returns.
- By androidgirl3107 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300Replies: 1Last Post: 07-07-2014, 10:11 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-07-2014, 10:01 PM
- By prskier17 in forum Android ApplicationsReplies: 3Last Post: 07-07-2014, 07:23 PM
- By Carlos Gomes2 in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 0Last Post: 07-07-2014, 12:58 PM
- By Vishnu in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 0Last Post: 07-07-2014, 10:58 AM