Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Connectivity issues

Since the time I have updated my Nexus 5 to KitKat, I have been facing a lot if connectivity issues. 3G connection that I use drop while I am using it, the WiFi router seems worthless (doesn't catch in the areas it used to catch before). I fail to understand what the issue must be.
    I am in using this phone in India.

Please help.

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Connectivity issues

Do you have 4G at all where you live? If not, then go to Settings>Wireless & Networks>More>Mobile Networks>Preferred network type, and select 3G. It's possible that if it's set to LTE (4G), it might be struggling to find a 4G signal preferentially over a 3G one.

As for wifi issues, review this guide: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...-problems.html
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Nop. I do not have 4G. Its only 3G network out here. There are times when the phone is working fine (incoming & outgoing calls) but the Data connection is lost.

Posted via Android Central App

So try changing your Preferred Network to 3G as I mentioned above. It might also be a network issue, so talk to your wireless provider.
    Thanked by: