Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HDR+ missing

Both my nexus 5 And nexus 10 are missing HDR+ mode. I have no idea why. I have searched the internet and it seems like none has an answer. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Default Re: HDR+ missing

A few things to check, and forgive me if any of them seem blatantly obvious:

1. Make sure your Google Camera app is updated to the most current version (I'm on 2.2.024).
    2. Make sure you're set to the main camera function (as opposed to Lens Blur, Panorama, etc.). Swipe in from the left and see if Camera is highlighted.
    3. Make sure you're using the rear-facing camera (the front-facing one doesn't support HDR+).
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    A few things to check, and forgive me if any of them seem blatantly obvious:

1. Make sure your Google Camera app is updated to the most current version (I'm on 2.2.024).
    2. Make sure you're set to the main camera function (as opposed to Lens Blur, Panorama, etc.). Swipe in from the left and see if Camera is highlighted.
    3. Make sure you're using the rear-facing camera (the front-facing one doesn't support HDR+).
    You're forgiven lol. Yea everything is set up just like that. It was there one minute and then it just dissapeared from both my N10 and N5. I have found others with the same problem however no one has the answer as to why or how to fix. Thank you for your response though! Anyone else know about this?

One more stab at the problem ... how about uninstalling the Google Camera app (or uninstalling all updates), and then reinstalling the updates?

Can you be a bit more descriptive?

When you open the camera app' what if anything do you see in the bottom right corner of the view screen? If there is an icon there, what happens when you tap it?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    One more stab at the problem ... how about uninstalling the Google Camera app (or uninstalling all updates), and then reinstalling the updates?
    Yes unfortunately I have tried this. 2 times with no avail. :-(
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by N4Newbie View Post
    Can you be a bit more descriptive?

When you open the camera app' what if anything do you see in the bottom right corner of the view screen? If there is an icon there, what happens when you tap it?
    HDR+ missing-screenshot_2014-07-09-17-39-35.jpg

Sorry hopefully this will clear it up. Usually there is a HDR+ icon on bottom but as you can see there is none

Edit: This is what happens when I hit the three dots in the bottom right hand corner

Interesting problem. Are you totally stock? Rooted? Custom kernel or ROM?
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by N4Newbie View Post
    Interesting problem. Are you totally stock? Rooted? Custom kernel or ROM?
    On my nexus 5 I am rooted and running Cyanogenmod 11. On the N10 I am totally stock, locked bootloader with the exact same problem

I had this problem a while ago. I don't have an answer however. One day it was there, after an update it disappeared and then after a reset it showed up. Since then no problem. I guess try a reset?

Posted via Android Central App
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Low View Post
    I had this problem a while ago. I don't have an answer however. One day it was there, after an update it disappeared and then after a reset it showed up. Since then no problem. I guess try a reset?

Posted via Android Central App
    I was hoping to avoid this. But thank you for your help, will reset as soon as I get everything backed up and update you guys!