Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default still waiting for 4.4.4

Anyone else still waiting for 4.4.4 ota?

Motorola and sony devices are now receiving it and I am still waiting. Not impressed

Default Re: still waiting for 4.4.4

I haven't received it yet either but I'm not fussed, from what I understood it was a bit of a bugfix coming hot on the heels of 4.4.3. I haven't noticed any bugs on my Nexus 5 so I'm just as happy to wait for the 'L' release, whatever number (and name) that will be. And on that point I guess Android L will be quite some wait away since Google haven't even given it an L-name yet.

ROM
    Rooted/Unlocked Stk 4.4.3

Wow really? I got mine weeks ago.

Sent from my Nexus 5
    [making a phone so big] "you can't get your hand around it"[ helps, but that] "no one's going to buy that." - Steve Jobs

“The reason we [won't] make a 7-inch tablet isn’t because we don’t want to hit [a lower] price point,” Jobs said. “It’s because we think the screen is too small to express the software. As a software driven company, we think about the software strategies first.” - again, Steve Jobs
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I know. Still waiting.

Should have bought a Motorola by the looks of things....

Got it on my Nexus 7 (2013) weeks ago, but STILL not on my Nexus 5.

Global Posts
    271 Global Posts

I got it weeks ago, but I didn't use it for long because Android L came out within a couple of days. If you haven't received it yet then you somehow dropped off of their radar screen. It's pointless to wait, you should just download 4.4.4 or Android L and install it yourself.

My Nexus 5 got the 4.4.4 some time ago. It wasn't a big deal for me.

Got it several weeks ago on both my Nexus 5 and 10.

Posted via Android Central App

ROM
    Stock / Stock

Those of you who don't have it yet. Make sure you have the most recent version of Google play services. If you don't try uninstalling updates on it and turn the phone off. When you turn it back on it should update to the most recent version. Once you have that you will probably get 4.4.4 in a few minutes or so.

Good luck. I hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmiekain View Post
    Those of you who don't have it yet. Make sure you have the most recent version of Google play services. If you don't try uninstalling updates on it and turn the phone off. When you turn it back on it should update to the most recent version. Once you have that you will probably get 4.4.4 in a few minutes or so.
    Sounds like an interesting experiment. Uninstall Play Services is greyed out so as a test I uninstalled the Play Store updates and rebooted. Play Store does not update either. I wonder should i just clear the cache of Services.

ROM
    Stock / Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Aglet View Post
    Sounds like an interesting experiment. Uninstall Play Services is greyed out so as a test I uninstalled the Play Store updates and rebooted. Play Store does not update either. I wonder should i just clear the cache of Services.
    What version of play services do you have currently?

Quote Originally Posted by jimmiekain View Post
    What version of play services do you have currently?
    Services v5.0.84 (1259630-038).

As an aside, after clearing the Services cache, Play Store upgraded back to current (v4.8.20). But nothing for the Android OS update, even if I use System Updates in About Phone ("Your system is up to date". Yeah, heh heh).

I ought to say, I'm not in the USA but rather Australia, and my service provider is Telstra. But it is of course an unlocked phone so this should not make any difference, right?

4.4.4 arrived on my phone today. I wonder if it had anything to do with me lodging a complaint about poor signal strength at my house with my service provider, Telstra, yesterday afternoon. Coincidence? Maybe.

I did read that 4.4.4 release 2 (Build number KTU84Q) was specific only to India and a carrier called 2degrees in New Zealand and Telstra in Australia, and KTU84Q is what is now on my phone. I think the rest of you have KTU84P. Perhaps the Q version addresses signal strength with some carriers. I'm not sure I notice any difference; the stock 4 bar display in the notification area on the Nexus 5 is not exactly laboratory quality. Settings>About phone>Status>Signal strength right at this moment says -97 dBm 8 asu. I better try to find out what on earth that means!

And I don't pretend to understand the update roll out process at all.