Nexus 5 Battery life, best app for saving battery?

App_London

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi All!

First post. :)

My Nexus 5 battery is terrible. I have stopped syncing my phone which helps..

It seems that the battery saving apps I use are useless. In fact I have read that some task killer apps can make tings worse. When I click on settings>apps>running it still shows them in the background. One app I favor using is Evernote but I feel the size of it really affects my phone.

Is there any way around this??

Also is there a way I can get emails alerts on my phone on time without having to sync? Possibly a app that texts me every time I get email ( possibly iffft might work).

Thanks in advance for your help and having reading this.

pedrolami

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
I use Juice Defender in work and set it to only switch on data when I switch the screen on.
Through a 12 hour shift I may drop about 50% of charge with occasional viewing.
Additionally I use Phone Weaver to enable a work mode which switches off wifi, reduces sounds and dims the screen, particularly on nights. I also reduce the screen timeout using this too.
Also discovered Clean Master which runs a memory clean every time I switch the screen on... Also very handy.

Plus, I also have Evernote installed and never have an issue with it when I am using the above.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

flipped4dinc

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
After trying all sorts of newer battery apps since gettting my Nexus 5, turns out tried and true Juice Defender works best along with Greenify.

mclasser

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Can you post a screenshot of your battery page so we can see what's going?

Have you tried doing a factory reset and wiping the cache partition?

Sent from my Nexus 5 via Android Central App

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc