Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Hi,

I have a Nexus 5, and for some stupid reason, I removed the stock email app.

Now I need to use the stock email that comes with the device for work, but I can't seem to find it in the play store. Maybe I'm searching under the wrong name, but does anybody know how I can get the stock email app back onto my device? Is the stock email even in the play store? If it's not in the play store, can you recommend a good email app for businesses that uses exchange?

BTW, my device is not rooted and I don't plan on rooting it to sole this problem.

Let me know.

Thanks,

Ken

Posted via Android Central App
  2. Best Answer

Welcome to Android Central! If you're not rooted, it isn't possible to remove or uninstall a system app like the stock Email app. Did you just Disable it? Go to Settings>Apps>Disabled, and see if it's there. If so, select it, and tap Enable.

Or maybe you just removed the shortcut from the homescreen. Open the App Drawer and look for it there. It should be called Email. It's not available on the Play Store.

Default Re: Stock email...how to get it back.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth Greene View Post
    Hi,

I have a Nexus 5, and for some stupid reason, I removed the stock email app.

Now I need to use the stock email that comes with the device for work, but I can't seem to find it in the play store. Maybe I'm searching under the wrong name, but does anybody know how I can get the stock email app back onto my device? Is the stock email even in the play store? If it's not in the play store, can you recommend a good email app for businesses that uses exchange?

BTW, my device is not rooted and I don't plan on rooting it to sole this problem.

Let me know.

Thanks,

Ken

Posted via Android Central App
    Hey Ken,

Welcome to the AC forums!!!

An app like that is a part of Android you should not be able to "delete" or uninstall permanently.

Go to Settings > Apps > swipe left until you get the Disabled screen > scroll down the list and tap on Email > tap Enable

Welcome to Android Central! If you're not rooted, it isn't possible to remove or uninstall a system app like the stock Email app. Did you just Disable it? Go to Settings>Apps>Disabled, and see if it's there. If so, select it, and tap Enable.

Or maybe you just removed the shortcut from the homescreen. Open the App Drawer and look for it there. It should be called Email. It's not available on the Play Store.

Carrier
    Kitkat

I recommend CloudMagic as it supports exchange emails.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...loudmagic.mail