Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Auto screen brightness

Hi , auto screen brightness when I am outside and receive a call is so bad that I cannot
    see who is calling me . So I use max brightness when outside . Is there anyway way to change/adjust the auto screen brightness , or do I have a sensor problem ?

Thanx...
    P.S. I am using a nexus 5 ...
    Last edited by R8J8D; 07-12-2014 at 09:51 AM.

Global Posts
    532 Global Posts

Default Re: Auto screen brightness

You could use Lux to see what the sensor is doing.

I used Lux auto brightness for a long time but recently went back to stock because I noticed that was working much better after the last couple updates somewhere.

Which phone do you use? On Samsung Galaxy phones with stock rom for example you can adjust the auto brightness right from the notification panel. Otherwise, you could try this.
    Last edited by AaronAverage; 07-21-2014 at 03:47 PM.

Global Posts
    158 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by R8J8D View Post
    Hi , auto screen brightness when I am outside and receive a call is so bad that I cannot
    see who is calling me . So I use max brightness when outside . Is there anyway way to change/adjust the auto screen brightness , or do I have a sensor problem ?

Thanx...
    P.S. I am using a nexus 5 ...
    I have this exact same issue. Got my Nexus 5 a few weeks ago and while this is one of the easiest screens to see in daylight I've encountered so far it's the incoming call screen that still plagues me. I use auto brightness also and the incoming call screen is almost black when a call comes through. Allowing the call to ring a few times before answering yields the same results. Doesn't seem like the sensor is able to register properly before the call goes to VM.

I too would like to know if this is a sensor issue or if I have a setting improperly adjusted. Any help for the OP (and myself) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I just use my own shadow in that situation and the auto brightness kicks in just fine. Helps with this Arizona sun.

Posted via Android Central App