Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default No lock screen keyboard

I uninstalled my Swype keyboard and was in the process of reinstalling a new one when my phone screen shut off. Now, on the lock screen, no keyboard pops up when I try to enter my password, only the Google Voice red button, which doesn't actually record anything. It just stays statically in red 'waiting for results.' When I press the keyboard image next to the password input box, the 'Choose Input Method' option shows up, with no options to select from. I've tried clearing the cache as well, to no avail.

How can I get past this seemingly minor problem which has completely locked me out of my phone?

Global Posts
    406 Global Posts

Default Re: No lock screen keyboard

What if you tried going to Google Play on your computer, install the Google Keyboard from the web and then see if it pops up in your Choose Input menu??

It's a problem...

Apparently you had previously disabled all other keyboards, so after uninstalling Swype you do not have an active keyboard to work with. Supposedly you should be able to use Google voice input to enter your pass code ("one two three four") but I have never tried that so don't know how it works.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Nope, I've reinstalled both Swype and the Google Keyboard through Play, restarted the phone, and still nothing appears.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Google voice doesn't recognize any input. It pops up and stays 'waiting for results.' It's very bizarre.