No lock screen keyboard
I uninstalled my Swype keyboard and was in the process of reinstalling a new one when my phone screen shut off. Now, on the lock screen, no keyboard pops up when I try to enter my password, only the Google Voice red button, which doesn't actually record anything. It just stays statically in red 'waiting for results.' When I press the keyboard image next to the password input box, the 'Choose Input Method' option shows up, with no options to select from. I've tried clearing the cache as well, to no avail.
How can I get past this seemingly minor problem which has completely locked me out of my phone?
- 07-16-2014, 01:17 PM #2
- 07-16-2014, 01:17 PM #3
- 1,829 Posts
Re: No lock screen keyboard
It's a problem...
Apparently you had previously disabled all other keyboards, so after uninstalling Swype you do not have an active keyboard to work with. Supposedly you should be able to use Google voice input to enter your pass code ("one two three four") but I have never tried that so don't know how it works.
- By P-raggles in forum Motorola Droid MAXXReplies: 5Last Post: 09-20-2014, 11:11 AM
- By Lugz6002 in forum Sony Xperia Z UltraReplies: 4Last Post: 09-06-2014, 12:56 AM
- By Flagz in forum LG G3Replies: 8Last Post: 07-17-2014, 09:17 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 7Last Post: 07-16-2014, 12:43 PM
- By donm527 in forum LG G3Replies: 1Last Post: 07-16-2014, 11:49 AM