Porting issue - can't connect to available network

xuerebx

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
I switched to a new mobile provider but I wanted to keep my old mobile number, so I applied to keep my old number through a porting application. I was given a new sim which I put in my LG Nexus 5, and my old sim was in another mobile.

An hour after the porting was applied for, the reception fell to nothing on my old sim and older mobile. This was to be expected of course. However, the reception on my new sim/LG nexus 5 also fell to "emergency calls only" so the porting didn't quite work. I made sure that the APN is correct. I can search for the available networks, but when I press to register after a while I get an error: "Can't connect to this network right now. Please try again later".

I called my new service provider and they told me to wait a bit. I waited till this morning and the issue is still present. I'll be going to the nearest outlet soon but I'd like to be sure that the issue is not my LG Nexus (as I found many problems by other users on the internet), but rather the issue lies in their SIM.

I tried my new sim in 2 other mobiles and I couldn't get any reception. I tried my friend's sim and it worked on my LG. This makes me think that the issue lies with the new SIM and not my mobile.

I'd just like someone to confirm this or tell me if my rationale is logical.

Thank you!

warn joe

Banned
Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
I switched to a new mobile provider but I wanted to keep my old mobile number, so I applied to keep my old number through a porting application. I was given a new sim which I put in my LG Nexus 5, and my old sim was in another mobile.

An hour after the porting was applied for, the reception fell to nothing on my old sim and older mobile. This was to be expected of course. However, the reception on my new sim/LG nexus 5 also fell to "emergency calls only" so the porting didn't quite work. I made sure that the APN is correct. I can search for the available networks, but when I press to register after a while I get an error: "Can't connect to this network right now. Please try again later".

I called my new service provider and they told me to wait a bit. I waited till this morning and the issue is still present. I'll be going to the nearest outlet soon but I'd like to be sure that the issue is not my LG Nexus (as I found many problems by other users on the internet), but rather the issue lies in their SIM.

I tried my new sim in 2 other mobiles and I couldn't get any reception. I tried my friend's sim and it worked on my LG. This makes me think that the issue lies with the new SIM and not my mobile.

I'd just like someone to confirm this or tell me if my rationale is logical.

Thank you!

Well, tell you what there is just no need to worry about it because you are correct the issue is present with the SIM card not the mobile phone. I am sure the service provider is going to came down and replace the SIM card . There's nothing to worry about !

xuerebx

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. My mobile service provider admitted that it's a fault from their end...but it's been 3 business days (of constant phoning) and I still have no service on my phone. They gave me a new temporary number/sim and it works, but I need my old SIM.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar