Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    5,014 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock on all

Default Did anyone get better Nexus 5 battery life on 4.4.4?

I think I can reach 16 plus hours more easily on medium use now, which I am delighted to have for my daily work use.

How's your battery life on Android Kitkat 4.4.4?

Default Re: Did anyone get better Nexus 5 battery life on 4.4.4?

Quote Originally Posted by Speedygi View Post
    I think I can reach 16 plus hours more easily on medium use now, which I am delighted to have for my daily work use.

My wife has my Nexus 5 right now, before 4.4.4 she ran the phone into the ground as she loves insta gram. She actually commented to me yesterday saying that the phone seems to hold its charge better now, so I put it down to the 4.4.4 update.
    Speedygi likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    5,014 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock on all

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Oates View Post
    My wife has my Nexus 5 right now, before 4.4.4 she ran the phone into the ground as she loves insta gram. She actually commented to me yesterday saying that the phone seems to hold its charge better now, so I put it down to the 4.4.4 update.
    That's great. I think with the new Android L coming, and with the Project Volta improvements, things look bright in the future.

Global Posts
    700 Global Posts

Can't wait for Android L to come out. I hope it really improves battery especially during standby. Right now battery could be good then I start to get 5% drain every hour forcing a reboot to fix it.

I'm getting better battery life but I think it's attributable to the cache partition wipe I did after installing 4.4.4 rather than 4.4.4 itself.

I live in Australia and my battery life has been poor on 4.4.3 and 4.4.4 compared to 4.4.2. However, I have been in Hong Kong on a local sim for the last 2 weeks and my battery life on 4.4.4 has been noticeably better than the last time I was here on 4.4.2 (same plan/provider, same sim, etc). So I think 4.4.3 and 4.4.4 exhibits bad battery for some cell networks. Apparently there is a new 4.4.4r2 update in Australia which will hopefully appear for me when I return?
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,990 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Speedygi View Post
    I can tell no difference. And the issues where it starts to drain rapidly on no use begins every several days and I have to reboot to get it to stop acting like that. That behavior has persisted across the last several updates.

Slightly better battery life on my Nexus 5.

Posted via Android Central App

My battery life went down alot 4.4.3 was much better for me 4.4.4 has been horrible.I have tried cache partition wipe & the dalvik and art run times. I hate 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by z3razerviper View Post
    My battery life went down alot 4.4.3 was much better for me 4.4.4 has been horrible.I have tried cache partition wipe & the dalvik and art run times. I hate 4.4.4
    I have a few questions. First off, I got a used Nexus 5 about two months ago and it is still running 4.4.2, but it has shown 'System Update Available' since I got the phone, and it currently shows the update as being 4.4.3. I haven't downloaded the available update, because I have read many comments about battery life being negatively affected by 4.4.3; however, it seems as though 4.4.4 fixed the battery issues for many people, but not for everyone (as indicated in the posted I've quoted). And the battery life on my Nexus 5 seems to be good/great, and I'm happy with it as-is on 4.4.2. So, basically, I'm not sure what to do in regards to updating my Nexus 5 from 4.4.2.

So, my questions are:

1.) Why is my phone only showing 4.4.3 as being the available update and not 4.4.4?
    - Is this because a phone has to be updated to 4.4.3 before 4.4.4 is available to download?

2.) If possible, would there be any reason to just update to 4.4.3, and not to 4.4.4?

3.) Should I just stay running 4.4.2? Or could there possibly be any bad effects by not updating?

4.) Is the battery life on my phone likely to suffer by updating from 4.4.2?

Basically, are there any benefits/detriments to staying on 4.4.2 or by updating to 4.4.3/4.4.4? I would really like to get some information/advice on this from some of you more-educated folks on here. And any and all helpful replies will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance to anyone who replies!

I did not notice any difference. But maybe it's because i run with the "Easy Battery Saver"-app. An app that's been really helpful for me.

If you are having any battery life issues I can recommend that app.

I did not notice to much of a difference on 4.4.4 but on the Android L developer preview with battery saver enabled battery life lasts forever!!! ok maybe not that long but at least 15 hours. It is pretty fantastic.