[root] need help on system sounds
What's going on Android Central! (Forget to introduce myself: I am a proud Nexus 5 owner and an Android Developer) I have an issue changing custom system sounds on my rooted Nexus 5.
For instance I changed (replaced) the keyboard key pressing sound in "/system/media/audio/ui/***.ogg" but once I reboot my phone it does not make any notice at all! I used Audacity to export custom ogg sound effects. If anyone knows what's wrong let me know. I searched everywhere on Google but no help!
- 07-19-2014, 05:51 PM #2
- 76 Posts
Re: [root] need help on system sounds
Changing the system sounds is something I've been doing for a long time now. Currently I use the 4.3/4.4 ui sounds that I can flash with TWRP or move from storage with Root Explorer. I'm going to guess that the permissions were changed and need to be corrected which is almost always the case when files are moved into the system. You will need to mount the system as R/W (read/write) to change the permissions. In my 2nd screenshot towards the top right you can see the button 'Mount R/O," tapping that button will cycle it from R/O to R/W and back. You will of course need to be rooted to do any of this.
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 03-03-2015, 11:41 PM
- By hjjf in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 0Last Post: 07-19-2014, 03:56 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 0Last Post: 07-19-2014, 03:46 AM
- By pauline higgins in forum Software Development and HackingReplies: 1Last Post: 07-19-2014, 01:48 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 4Last Post: 07-19-2014, 01:32 AM