Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Cracked Screen

I purchased my nexus thru google play store, & I'm using it thru T-Mobile. I have no insurance on it, who would it be cheaper to go thru to get it repaired ?

Tapatalk'n On The M8 ☕🐸

Default Re: Cracked Screen

I'm not sure you have any choice....of those two, it would have to be through the seller. Of course you could take it to an independent repairer....possibly one of those booths you find in shopping malls (at least in UK), whose owners seem to know what they're doing.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    549 Global Posts

A different option; Given the cost of the screen repair verses the cost of a new one and dumping the cracked screen phone on eBay that's probably what I would suggest. I don't get it but you'd be surprised what a cracked screen otherwise working fetches on eBay. Seriously check out the completed auctions for broken screen phones, it's weird they sell for that much.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    8,898 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

T-Mobile probably won't fix it for you since it wasn't purchased through them. They may refer you to either Google or LG - likely LG.

If you are up to the task there are a few how-to videos and parts available online.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    755 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Smply_Rcklss View Post
    I purchased my nexus thru google play store, & I'm using it thru T-Mobile. I have no insurance on it, who would it be cheaper to go thru to get it repaired ?

Tapatalk'n On The M8 ☕
    How long ago did you buy it? and did you pay using a credit card?
    Some credit cards will offer coverage for physical damage for the first 6 months - see if you qualify. Else, as srkmagnus suggested, you'll either need to send to LG, or try it on your own. (or look at local companies that will replace the screen)
    Thanked by:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I bought it back in, I wanna say February. I used a debit card, thru my old bank account. Its closed down now, I took it to T-Mobile & they said LG has to repair it so I contacted them & they told me I'll have to pay a $100 something to have it repaired. That's dead, so I listed it on eBay after seeing the prices these ppl are getting for ones in worse condition. I'll see what I get offered. Thanks for the feedback.

Tapatalk'n On The M8 ☕🐸