Questions regarding selling my Sprint Nexus 5

anon(1993947)

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone

Just wanted to ask some questions regarding selling my Sprint Nexus 5. I want to put the phone on ebay or swappa

I switched over to Verizon and got an LG G3. I had $318 worth of monthly installments due to Sprint which have been paid. I do not owe them any more money.

The phone no longer has any service. It has been factory reset and all my personal data erased. It is in very good condition as it has been used with a Spigen case. There are no cosmetic scratches or cracks. There is also no water damage.

I have never sold a used phone on ebay or swappa.

Based on everything I listed, can the phone be listed as "ready to activate" does my phone have a clean ESN? Is there anything else I need to do to ensure that the winning bidder can take it to any carrier (except Verizon) and activate it?

Thank you!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Based on everything I listed, can the phone be listed as "ready to activate" does my phone have a clean ESN? Is there anything else I need to do to ensure that the winning bidder can take it to any carrier (except Verizon) and activate it?

As far as I know, yes. You should be good to go. If you can, I would also post a picture of any document stating your account was left in good standing, obviously editing out the actual account number, or any other sensitive info.

Birk Binnard

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Take a look at ting.com - they provide cell service using the Sprint network. They have a program that allows people to "bring your own phone" and they use a website to allow people to buy & sell phones. You should be able to sell your phone there in no time.

PS: Ting's rates are far lower than either Sprint or Verizon - so I hope you don't get upset when you check them out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair